Pouring oil into my frame to preserve it longer!

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
I have a postal tub that I haven't tried removing the foam insulation from yet. . . . .not looking forward to that. It's been in the weather for a few years. I'll see if it is rusted between the foam and the sheet metal. Anyone know what I'll find?

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Here's what was in the 96 ford f350's cab corners. It held the water between the foam and the metal corners. You could squeeze the water out of the foam. 20200124_150116_resized_2.jpg 20200124_150119_resized_2.jpg 20200124_150649_resized_2.jpg 20200125_101423_resized_2.jpg 20200125_103932_resized_2.jpg 20200125_124943_resized_1.jpg

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
W-S
State
NC
easy way to tell the difference is if your finger can puncture it then it is open cell, if you can't puncture it's closed cell. CC is what is used in boats as flotation, etc, won't absorb water but there's always that strata between the foam and the substrate that can harbor moisture. none for me thx! on an aside - you can heat a foam insulated house with a candle and cool it with an ice cube - no sh*t, it's that good!

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Very tough, and dense. A finger can push it in about 3/8". Need to hammer a flat blade screw driver to tear out chunks.

Wandering

Basic User
City
Hookstown
State
PA
Yes you will find new profanities and a distain for the USPS so you will hate your mailbox even more. And rust as the moisture is trapped under it.

I have a postal tub that I haven't tried removing the foam insulation from yet. . . . .not looking forward to that. It's been in the weather for a few years. I'll see if it is rusted between the foam and the sheet metal. Anyone know what I'll find?