• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Project "Blue", My 1987 J20 Build

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
That looks great! You're shaming me in to doing more cleanup when my engine comes out (very shortly). :cheers:
No shaming intended! That paint was tough to spray, especially with the rattle-can style sprayer. If I sprayed heavy enough to be smooth it looked like leopard spots. Had to keep it dry and layer on light coats. Not ideal technique but my compressor isn’t hooked up yet.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Wicked. Just spent a couple hours reading thru this thread again, makes me want to pull my J20 in and get it alive again. Looking really good.

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
A few more pics of the installed engine. I'm amazed at how smoothly it went in, the Flop Shop mounts were worth every penny. There's more room with the LS engine than with the stock 360. I think I could fit a bowling ball between the engine and the firewall recess! Plus plenty of access for everything else.

IMG_0553.jpg IMG_0554.jpg IMG_0555.jpg IMG_0556.jpg IMG_0557.jpg

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
Not much progress with everything else going on... but I was curious and swapped on the H2 wheels and 35" tires. They fit easily, and the wheels are hub-centric to boot. Not sure I like the bigger tire and the wheel, I will probably go back to the Outlaw II's and some 32-33" tires.

IMG_0622.jpg