• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Ramsey Patriot 9500 - painted

okjeep

Basic User
City
Tulsa
State
OK
Not for the CJ-8-ish thing but for the mrs's yj. Got her bumper powder coated a couple of weeks back and felt that her 9500 just didn't look right.

Took it apart yesterday, sanded and painted it to match her paint. Got 3 cans of aerosol paint mixed a o'rileys ($25/can) with the paint code for her jeep. Almost used up one can. Sealed it all up with a coat of duplicolor clear. Pretty easy short of it coming apart after i took of the top side but now that it's dry i can reassemble it.

JeepRockers014.jpg

Got to get a couple more new stickers (already had the ramsey logo sticker in the tool box) and put it all back on the jeep.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Wow, I wish I had time for attention to details like that ;)

That might be as good as Craig's pretty D300 :D

okjeep

Basic User
City
Tulsa
State
OK
Details? while my heep sat under the trees in the shade, I enjoyed the sun dinking with her winch. She's got the "nice" jeep and lots of goodies. It's our "drive it to colorado" jeep, 5.3v8, 700r-4, atlas 4.3, tera crd hp d60 rear, hp d44 front, clothe seats, ac, xm, co2...and she's a kick a$$ driver and doesn't let me drive it on the trail which is why it stays so nice....waiting on moving her jeep to 37's.

Angellephoto.jpg

RockTractor

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Nice! I can never seem to get to those "attention to detail" projects on my list. Maybe someday when all my other projects are done... LOL.