zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
The only thing that makes the pain of the loss bearable is the memory of the love and friendship you shared.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Nice! Rainbow Bridge reminds me a little of an area where we scattered the ashes of my dad and his dog at the same time off a small bridge into the head waters of the Rouge River just outside of Crater Lake NP on the old cattle range. That is in your neck of the woods and is just this side of heaven

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Something you'll have with you for a long time.
Carol originally wanted to spread her ashes at the beach, Jessie’s favorite place to go. I told Carol that I didn’t think I could let Jessie go. Now that Jessie is home with us again, Carol can’t let go either.

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Same with us. Wouldn't bury her at present house (want to get the hell out of this neighborhood). Want her with us. After having her with us in the living room the only way she gets buried is with one of us. Pic is so your not alone or a nut (thinking it's a shrine for a dog,even though it is). Some people might think that.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Same with us. Wouldn't bury her at present house (want to get the hell out of this neighborhood). Want her with us. After having her with us in the living room the only way she gets buried is with one of us. Pic is so your not alone or a nut (thinking it's a shrine for a dog,even though it is). Some people might think that.
I appreciate the picture. I understand fully- We share our house with our kids and grandkids so Jessie is in our living room half of our bedroom- that way we can still say good-morning and good-night. 😢

Last edited:

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
When my parents last dog passed away she was cremated and here ashes were kept until my parents passed. The Cemetery would not allow the dog in the crept so we open the Urns and added the dog's ashes to their and they are all together.

Drahcir495

Legacy Registered User
City
TS
State
FL
I am always saddened by these posts. One of the most traumatic event in my life was being in the room when our family dog was put to sleep. A hard, hard decision to make, but in the end it was the best thing for her. I hope you know that such an unselfish decision was the right thing for Jessie. You are in my thoughts.

Flatie46

Legacy Registered User
City
Russllville
State
TN
Sorry to hear of your loss, I know it's tough. Got one myself that's on up in years that we are very close to. Prayers to you and your family.

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
I am really sorry to hear about your Jessie. It is so hard that they live such a short time. I know it is hard and there is just about no comfort that I can provide other than I understand and wish you to find comfort rather than sadness where possible.
Our two Boxers passed away a few years ago and I still miss running my fingers through their hair and getting some morning nudges from them to get me out of bed. Our dogs are always a comfort and come back to me when I am stressed. We have a new pup, an Aussie, and she's wonderful and will fill a different niche than our Boxers, but I have a feeling that when I'm old (I hope I get to be old old) that I'll have a lot of comfort from my dogs as those memories keep me company.