gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I love my rear runck with swing away tire mount. I just need to lose the fake runck on front and acquire a real one to replace it. Next time I am in GA I will swing by the Abott's and pick one up.

And I love how you used the tire ramps. I will have to remember that optional use.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
And I love how you used the tire ramps. I will have to remember that optional use.
LOL, they were out because I just changed the oil in the Renegade and they’re the easiest thing to use for that. I should have pulled out the sawhorses to get it up higher and save my back but they were right there.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I went back to find the photos of what I ended up doing with the rear bumper and realized that I never really explained what ended up happening.

I cut the ends off of the rear crossmember flush with the frame, both body mount holes were shot, so I needed to deal with them anyway.

IMG_2348.JPG

The Runck bumper mounts perfectly match the outside of the frame, so I just slid the bumper flush against the back of the crossmember and there is some thick plate that sits exactly where the body mounts were.
IMG_2353.JPG
IMG_2356.JPG
So I realized I just needed to hole saw replacement locations for the body mounts in the bumper mounts. We bolted the bumper to the frame and then welded it as well. Both the mounting tabs along the frame and stitch welds along the rear crossmember. This fixed the only thing I don't like about these rear bumpers -- how far they sit away from the frame -- and took care of my rear body mount problem all at once.

IMG_2397.JPG

IMG_2399.JPG

IMG_2400.JPG

Crappy pic of the stitch welds.
IMG_2398.JPG

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
When I get flush mounted tail lights, I want to snug my rear bumper up to the body. Right now, the tail light interferes with the tire swing. Some day.