• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Silver Lake Sand Dunes

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
8DB4AC1B-2293-48A1-AEED-138303C4EE9E.jpg0020F194-F4E2-4DB2-9A8A-006D72A66130.jpg7AF6AD16-F2A7-4820-9777-C304ADBB9E7A.jpg

Great weekend at the Dunes! Dunes were very steep and challenging. Busy yesterday and today. :bacon:

HighSierra CJ

Scrambler Enthusiast
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ducor
State
Ca
Great pictures. Looks like a fun place to play, and a nice spot to sit back and enjoy a cigar.
Thanks for sharing.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Already feeling the withdrawals! :banghead: Can’t wait until they open back up April 1. May have to run out to Little Sahara in Oklahoma for a quick fix in March. :bacon:

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
If you plan a trip to Little Sahara, please let me know. I am only a couple hours away, as are several others on this board.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
...for a quick fix in March. :bacon:

We need to resurrect the Midwest Spring Scramble and do a gathering, Bundy Hill was a good option the one time we made this happen.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
We need to resurrect the Midwest Spring Scramble and do a gathering, Bundy Hill was a good option the one time we made this happen.

Was out at the Nike base going through and separating molds and noticed Frankin 8 just begging for a little attention.

Zodiac

CJ-8 Member
City
Macomb
State
MO
Wow, haven't been to the dunes in over a decade! Last time we were there, my wife and her kids came along, and the wife went tharn because she didn't have any solid landmarks by which to navigate. Kids learned how to drive there. Good times! But I always preferred hitting up the Michigan Two-Trackers and visiting the old trails around the area. Pat and his kids were a blast to wheel with.

Ron84cj

Engine nerd
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
Speaking of sand dunes. I just read that Texas is revoking titles on all dune buggys and kit cars. There are some people that have had their bugs for decades and all of a sudden being told they aren't legal to drive on the road anymore! That's crap. I'm sure we will see a lot of them for sale.