SJScrambler - Getting Started

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I looked when you had it apart but I guess I didn't zoom in and see the broken bolts. Were they just torqued in to tight or corrosion the problem? I've seen where a lot of people have said don't put a lock right in the front so interesting to here from you there is no problem. Thanks

Sent from my iPad

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Need to pause on this to get snow plows mounted, etc... yesterdays snow snuck up on us and it seems that winter is finally here and isn't leaving... gonna get a lot colder and snow slated for this week and next, so I have to get cracking.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
So, I was working on the Jeep a bit last night.
I got frustrated with the front end, so went to the rear to try to get the tire carrier mounted up.
Not sure if I will use it or not, but wanted to at least have the option.
Basically I used the holes they had drilled (spoiler alert... not a good idea) and when I was done, we were quite a bit off.

I then took it all apart and made the holes larger and tried again and this is where I am at.

So, measuring the original other tub and this one, I am seeing that they drilled the holes in the wrong place :(

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Moving onto the bulkhead, similar things... not quite fitting and it seems that the side B pillars aren't really the same shape as the originals, so it is causing some mounting issues.

cb

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Sure does make $3000 for an original rust free tub (CL ad recent post) oh so worth it! :(

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
So, returned to the front of the rig and got the windshield mounted.
I drilled out the holes larger and got 3 bolts in without issue, the last one bolt on each side needs some massaging.
I got the windshield rubber in today, so I will try that maybe tonight, depends on how I am feeling, so far this tub hasn't made me feel all that warm and fuzzy.

cb

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Very lucky young woman. Going to make several young men in the future very envious of that jeep!

Sent from my iPad

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Well hopefully she will have the coolest car in the high school parking lot and be able to drive up and over anything ;)

cb