• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Some Upgrades Coming

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Was curious how those RR step sliders would look with the rocker trim. I etched mine and painted them with the textured rattle can so they'd match my bumpers. There'll be a textured black x polished aluminum chrome thing going on all around for mine.

I also picked up a set of BFG 33s from 4WD for about 180 each - about $800 after mounting.

Looking great!

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Was curious how those RR step sliders would look with the rocker trim. I etched mine and painted them with the textured rattle can so they'd match my bumpers. There'll be a textured black x polished aluminum chrome thing going on all around for mine.

I also picked up a set of BFG 33s from 4WD for about 180 each - about $800 after mounting.

Looking great!
I love the protection of the rr sliders; mine are mounted about 1” lower than I’d like; but it’s worked out well.

Can’t wait to see yours going back together!!

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
I love the protection of the rr sliders; mine are mounted about 1” lower than I’d like; but it’s worked out well.

Can’t wait to see yours going back together!!
I see what you mean. I had to talk my builder out of installing them now before the frame is painted, in case we have to adjust the body when it all comes back together again because of the drive train.

Visited her today to drop off some beer - the D44 is on the rear, and the D30 is off the front getting rebuilt. The suspension is otherwise mocked up. The progress is tangible now, but we're still a few months off what with body work and paint to go yet. o_O

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Those look awesome! (y) Are the wheels actual beadlocks? Have you flexed it out and did you have to increase your bumpstops or doing anything else to fit?
Thanks! I love the look.

They aren’t real beadlocks; but I don’t think it matters for me. My last set of tires (hopefully I picked a good combo again) I could run 11-12 without ever dropping a bead...they almost were too squishy at 10 for my liking. I’ll be happy here if I can run 12 and not have to worry about the bead.... the load rating is much higher on these....

We flexed it a little with a floor jack; it needs more testing. The day I picked it up from the shop that put in the 456s (Thursday afternoon) it was snowing; so everyone thought I was crazy driving home. They eyeball test to me is that this is a great size for a cj.

Last edited: