• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sramblers Equipped w/Automatic Trans?

I was lucky enough to just purchase a one owner 1982 automatic, air, dealer added Ramsey winch, bumper extensions,
dealer order sheet, window sticker, and a ton of receipts along with the original literature. All untouched with zero rust.

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLD 8
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
Ron,

Do you still have some of those parts Jeeps around? I've been considering converting to an auto.

Out of the 10+ parts Jeeps I had they were all automatics. I couldn't get away from those darn things. Around here you can't hardly give those things away.

Cj guy

Basic User
I have a 85 cj8 with 258 4speed and d300 tranfer case. Going to put in 304 with th400 guadratrack,and was going to remove quadtrack and use my d300 transfer.will i need to use an adapter for transfer case.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
I have a 85 cj8 with 258 4speed and d300 tranfer case. Going to put in 304 with th400 guadratrack,and was going to remove quadtrack and use my d300 transfer.will i need to use an adapter for transfer case.
An adapter is needed. Not actually sure if one is available.

Ron84cj

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
No, I got rid of those autos years ago. I only managed to sell one complete manual to auto swap and I think I only got like $100 for it. The rest I had for sale for like $50 or less. After not being able to sell them after 7+ years of trying I eventually just scrapped them. Nowadays most people want trannys with overdrive myself included.

Cj guy

Basic User
I bought a 1978 CJ7 with a 304, 400 tranny Quadratec transfer case. The tub is shot, the doors are good going to sell them, the top is good will be sold also. if anybody's interested? I'm going to use 304 and the transmission to put in my cj8 with the d300. Any thoughts? Or should I go with a 727 trans? Or an o/d trans

Last edited: