• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Sramblers Equipped w/Automatic Trans?

Jakespede

City
El Paso
State
Tx
I was lucky enough to just purchase a one owner 1982 automatic, air, dealer added Ramsey winch, bumper extensions,
dealer order sheet, window sticker, and a ton of receipts along with the original literature. All untouched with zero rust.

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLED 8
Lifetime Member
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
Ron,

Do you still have some of those parts Jeeps around? I've been considering converting to an auto.

Out of the 10+ parts Jeeps I had they were all automatics. I couldn't get away from those darn things. Around here you can't hardly give those things away.

onesourcemike

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
I was lucky enough to just purchase a one owner 1982 automatic, air, dealer added Ramsey winch, bumper extensions,
dealer order sheet, window sticker, and a ton of receipts along with the original literature. All untouched with zero rust.

:needpic:

Jakespede

City
El Paso
State
Tx
My CJ-8 and tow vehicle

Attachments

• 00u0u_atTXCcVyCY9_1200x9001.jpg
    00u0u_atTXCcVyCY9_1200x9001.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 43
  • 20151203_165807_1524576565465_resized.jpg
    20151203_165807_1524576565465_resized.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 42

Cj guy

Basic User
City
tonganoxie
State
Ks
I have a 85 cj8 with 258 4speed and d300 tranfer case. Going to put in 304 with th400 guadratrack,and was going to remove quadtrack and use my d300 transfer.will i need to use an adapter for transfer case.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I have a 85 cj8 with 258 4speed and d300 tranfer case. Going to put in 304 with th400 guadratrack,and was going to remove quadtrack and use my d300 transfer.will i need to use an adapter for transfer case.
An adapter is needed. Not actually sure if one is available.

Ron84cj

Engine nerd
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
No, I got rid of those autos years ago. I only managed to sell one complete manual to auto swap and I think I only got like $100 for it. The rest I had for sale for like $50 or less. After not being able to sell them after 7+ years of trying I eventually just scrapped them. Nowadays most people want trannys with overdrive myself included.

Cj guy

Basic User
City
tonganoxie
State
Ks
I bought a 1978 CJ7 with a 304, 400 tranny Quadratec transfer case. The tub is shot, the doors are good going to sell them, the top is good will be sold also. if anybody's interested? I'm going to use 304 and the transmission to put in my cj8 with the d300. Any thoughts? Or should I go with a 727 trans? Or an o/d trans

Last edited:

Cj guy

Basic User
City
tonganoxie
State
Ks
My second 8 was an '81 4 cylinder automatic. Still have the 1/2 top I think and I know tonneau cover/bows from it.

Sent from my SM-J320P
f7b1a465d3bc5a5221cda70e694ca253-1.jpg
Still have the tonneau cover? If so let me know

Last edited:

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
Will the Dana 300 bolt to that 400? I have a 727 from J10. Dana 300 bolts right on.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
The dana 300 wil not bolt to a turbo 400 with a quadratrac behind it. A dana 300 will not bolt to any turbo 400 without an adapter.

Alamo CJ8

Alamo CJ8
City
Atlanta
State
GA
I have an 85' Renegade with factory auto and dealer installed AC. I was once told there were less than 1k made in 85' with auto and AC. Not sure how true that is but I have to imagine there were not many like that out there.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
I have owned / currently own 3 auto Scramblers

81 - sold to a friend and member here was factory auto