• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Steering wheel question

Super 8

Legacy Registered User
City
Bozeman
State
MT
My new to me 83 Laredo has the steering wheel with solid arms. It is not wrapped. I am trying to figure out what the factory Laredo steering wheel would have looked like. Thanks for any help!

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
c0aa27c768dbf7685db391566f111fbf.jpg

Super 8

Legacy Registered User
City
Bozeman
State
MT
That looks like mine, minus the wrap. Previous owner must of peeled it off. Thanks for the info!

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
The basic YJ wheel comes with exposed spokes and no leather wrapping. It looks like a Laredo CJ wheel but without any leather and it is a little shallower. The dish of a YJ wheel is under 4 inches and the dish of a CJ wheel is over 4 inches . . . about 3/4 of an inch in difference. You can measure and see which wheel you have.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
The basic YJ wheel comes with exposed spokes and no leather wrapping. It looks like a Laredo CJ wheel but without any leather and it is a little shallower. The dish of a YJ wheel is under 4 inches and the dish of a CJ wheel is over 4 inches . . . about 3/4 of an inch in difference. You can measure and see which wheel you have.

@Kim Dawson already posted here, but he has wrapped a few steering wheels for me and they have come out great... take a picture of what you have and post it up and we can help you out.

cb