• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

They want to buy the forum... again. Membership thanks and explanation.

MikeV

Always learning
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Monroe
State
NY
100% on board with re-contributing if that is what's needed. I love this forum and the community within it. Thanks again for everything!

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I'm also into Honda ATV's and the big forum company bought two of the boards I frequented and promptly ruined them. Ads everywhere, and they didn't care at all when the membership AND the mods (volunteer, of course) who made the forums work all complained about it. When I found myself reading ads disguised as replies in the middle of a thread, I said forget it and left.

It's all about ad revenue, nothing more. That specific company has ruined a LOT of forums in the last 3-4 years. They've bought up a ton of powersports, vehicle, and shooting boards. They come in, buy the board, wait a bit, then "update" the board.....update meaning maximizing their ad revenue.

Huge thanks for holding on to this one. This is the only Jeep forum I'm on anymore, and it's by far the best.

The mods from the Honda boards I was on all left the corp owned boards, and we started our own board that, like this one, is run by enthusiasts and is not for profit. The good boards are the ones full of people who are passionate about the subject matter, and post/help people because they want to help out others.

Pirate 4x4 was also bought out. The company ruined it like they have so many others, so the old heads all left and created a new board; irate4x4.

Big thanks for keeping this place going and keeping it as it should be.

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Like many, I've been coming to this board for over 20 years. I was actually secretary, here, after the 1st election & love this place cause y'all have the same affliction as I do 🤣

Glad I finally got on board with supporting Cj-8.com! For the longest time I felt like an outsider looking in without a running Scrambler but I took inspiration, a lot of it, from everyone here 🤗. Week one of my rebuild started with paying my dues here. It was a fitting 1st step for my restomod. I've gone from a pile of pieces that survived TWO garage-less moves to what is turning into a trail ready rig, thanks to advice from everyone here & Dustin (JeeperDd) who is a Jeep-Guru!
I can't wait to wheel with y'all 🤗👍
There's going to be future generations who will reap what we've sewn here. Thanks BW

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Like many, I've been coming to this board for over 20 years. I was actually secretary, here, after the 1st election & love this place cause y'all have the same affliction as I do 🤣

Old timer ;)

To be clear, you were Scrambler Owners Association Secretary, which is functionally separate from the forum. People get confused about that, for good reason, so I always make a point to clarify.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
So separate that I'm an SOA member yet i don't have the cool SOA sticker-thingy up top like you do.....😁

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
So separate that I'm an SOA member yet i don't have the cool SOA sticker-thingy up top like you do.....😁
The board hasn’t given me anyone to mark with the member badge for months. You are paid up?

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Old timer ;)

To be clear, you were Scrambler Owners Association Secretary, which is functionally separate from the forum. People get confused about that, for good reason, so I always make a point to clarify.
There's a forum secretary 🤣 OK, whomever it is, 3 teaspoons of sugar & a dolup of cream, please ☕

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Have I lied to you yet that you know of?🤫

Funnily enough, I joined a soon as I realised it was actually separate from this site. The shirt (and the sticker) was just a great bonus.

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Have I lied to you yet that you know of?🤫

Funnily enough, I joined a soon as I realised it was actually separate from this site. The shirt (and the sticker) was just a great bonus.
(for posterity)
How do you even join the SOA since there's no SOA link to be found here?
Cj-8.org

Last edited:

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
(for posterity)
How do you even join the SOA since there's no SOA link to be found here?
Cj-8.org

It's not as easy as one might think but it is here:

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
I was wondering why I haven't seen my SOA banner. Now I know. I'm going to have to upgrade my cj-8 membership.

MomoJeep

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
Yes, I so appreciate this forum - just the way it is. Tell those jerks to go find something better to do with their lives... hmmmm I don't know... maybe get an interesting hobby! ;-)