• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Tons of Overlander's for sale.....in Venezuela

rispony

Scramblin' in the City
Lifetime Member
City
Manhattan
State
NY
Don't ask me how I found this site, but they're a Venezuelan based Jeep reseller and have a bunch of Overlanders for sale (World Cabs galore). Some of them have unique features like no front turn signals, unique badging, roof racks, and almost all of them feature troop seating. Although it's probably impossible to get them over here, it sure is some great eye candy! Here are only a fraction of the pictures, ENJOY! :drool:

dxVaIZC-1.jpg

C1E1QgV-1.jpg

MtArqIU-1.jpg

ikWOdYO-1.jpg

TA2Aryv-1.jpg

Ofphwgq-1.jpg

http://listado.tucarro.com.ve/carros/jeep/cj/

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
That red one - at 150,000 Bolivar (VZ), is yours for just $23,900 :/

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
At that price I will take two please.

Sent from my LG-P769

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Wow:eek::eek::eek::eek: at least we know theres more out there ..

Sent from my SPH-L900

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
Expedicion de las Americas numero dos!!

I grew up with most of those guys and the stories of the trip are pretty cool. Some of the Jeeps are still being driven.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
After looking (ok, drooling) at those pics more closely I see that most are left hand drive. I was under the impression that even the South American exports were right hand drive. Learned something new today.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
After looking (ok, drooling) at those pics more closely I see that most are left hand drive. I was under the impression that even the South American exports were right hand drive. Learned something new today.

Also notice that the barn door swings opposite compared to the RHD Australia ones. I also found out recently that jeep started exporting the world cab 8s to VZ pretty much right when the 8 came out starting late 1981. So that explains why so many are in VZ. Contrary Australia didn't get em till overlanders came out and for that one year only, less than 200 total estimated.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
Yeah, the barn door handle on the right meant left hand drive and conversely the other side meant right hand drive. The rear barn door handle was meant to be opened on curbside.

RubberDuck

Legacy Registered User
City
Baltimore
State
MD
Wow maybe I need to start exporting cj7s to Venezuela! Are those prices for real? Avg price of a cj7 is in the mid 20k range. Lots of short world cabs though in addition to the cj8 world cab.

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
Yeah, the barn door handle on the right meant left hand drive and conversely the other side meant right hand drive. The rear barn door handle was meant to be opened on curbside.

Negative as to the barn door handle on the right indicating left hand drive. The postals are all right hand drive, with the barn door handle also on the right.

BUT this is consistent with having the barn door open to the curbside.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
Jeesh! I forgot what purists I'm dealing with. Curbside is what counts. Tail is between legs and going to sit in the corner now. LOL

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Only place to find it is from a parted out one.

Nobody makes the glass, except for the windshield which is the same as a CJ7.

I have a spare set of door glass I bought from Australia.

Door gaskets can be made from a regular curved window set, just need to cut the corners and glue it back together.

Sing

City
jakarta
State
in
Ag4ever, Thank you for enlighten me. I am asking Asahimas Flat Glass factory whether they can make one like that. i don't know at what price. lets hope it won't cost an arm n a leg. LOL

Cheers.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-10-15 at 09.54.38.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-10-15 at 09.54.38.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 20

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
If you are not installing the windows in an original “wagon” top and installing them in a “van” top that never had windows, you can use flat glass.

The factory overlander glass has a slight curve to them.

The rear door glass is the hardest one to find.

Let us know if you can get some reproduction glass made.