• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What did you do with your Scrambler today? October 2013 version

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Be prepared for lots of odd looks as you walk into places carrying a steering wheel. :D

cruser

Legacy Registered User
City
Buffalo Gap
State
TX
Could'nt get the front end alignment done. Seems the recessed castle nuts are seized up and heat has not gone well. Found a replacement Dana 30 assembly. Now to start listing out all the parts to rebuild it. I am absolutely committed to making this rig right from the ground up!

Loaded and heading home. They were rough on her, kinda ticked me off. After getting this far along with this rig, it makes me crazy ignorant when someone treats it like a coffee table ! Oh well. Get a Blue moon or two and start the next chapter. :banghead:

image.jpg

Last edited:

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Spent some time on niggling electrical bugs. Got horn working!!!!! Turns out I was missing several parts (hard to know without a diagram).

Keep fighting a 1 time out of 20 issue without brake lights working. All tail and blinkers work. Seems that whenever I don't have time to tinker, they don't work. Any time I have an hour to play, I can't replicate!!! Even had a shop look at it, and they couldn't replicate. Not sure if I have a crusty wire..........

Gueon

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Thatcher
State
AZ
Got into town late last night and started to tackle an ignition problem. Last week while running errands something happened to the ignition cylinder, I could not turn the Jeep off or get the key out. I had to turn around and head home... did not think the Jeep would still be there if I left it in the parking lot idling.

Did some research on the interweb looking for clues to my ailment, thought I had it figured out. In the end I finally gave up and installed a rebuilt tilt steering wheel that I purchased a couple of years ago. It took me 30 minutes to drop the column and get the new one installed, looks pretty nice! I now have a spare "somewhat defective" column if anyone is is desperate need on one... you pay shipping! I have no idea why the cylinder won't turn, it looks like the locking bar that runs the length of the column has some interference inside the column.

Dunno, at least it's running now! :rotfl:

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Man that looks great. Where did you get a steering wheel that clean? Mine is all faded and looks like someone went at it with some 80 grit sandpaper...

toddmonty

Basic User
City
Mattoon
State
IL
New carb today

Put a carb from carb xchange on today.

It was adjusted perfect & made my Scrambler run perfect!!

It was "cold natured" before, but not now!!'

Idle returns right to where it should under all conditions!!

Not to mention mixture is set properly!

:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 101

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
Not on the Scrambler, but Austin bolted on the new trans mount on his LJ. :)

ura3eryz-1.jpg
e8ahu6az-1.jpg

Gueon

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Thatcher
State
AZ
I really like your dash cover with the cup holders.

Thanks, they were Ebay specials. The dash is a standard dash but the cup holders mount to the windshield bracket, no holes required!

toddmonty

Basic User
City
Mattoon
State
IL
For my carb post above.

Carb was $179 + $15 shipping, but they have a $15 discount this month.

There is a $75 core charge, but you can send yours in to avoid that.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Not scrambler related, but still very cool.

Dinner at Craftsteak in Las Vegas. Did the family style tasting menu that included nearly every dish on the menu.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382112936.203329.jpg

Dinner was fantastically good and expensive. You only live once.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Not for the Scrambler but for my J10, I bought new engine mounts and transmission mount and ordered a set of Percy's header gaskets in anticipation of finally pulling the worn out drive train and putting my newly rebuild 360 and 727 in it!

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
WHAT?!?!

Details man! Pics!!!! What state is it in? Finished? Had someone bought it??? You're killing me!

It's slightly more put together than when Dean dropped it off for the shop to finish it, but still a LONG way from being done; the pictures that he last posted in the for-sale thread are essentially how it looks. The tailgate is on (hinges upside down), and the heater/air boxes and dash, steering column, and brake booster are installed. It's been there for a long time. It's still in his name, but the shop (Underground Performance) said he's still planning on selling it when it's done. The shop's owner (a wheeler who has moved more toward tuner-work for his business) wants to finish and get it out though to get the floor space back.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
That makes me so sick to hear. You have to understand that I SAW THAT THING IN PERSON in a very early stage, but yet still very much underway, when I drove my postal up from Anchorage to his old place in Palmer in the summer of '02. :huh:

He was so psyched about the build and the plans, it's just gut wrenching. :banghead:

I obviously get it, but that doesn't make it easier to hear/read.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Got my new winch remote system in ....straight from china 20 days fast ship....i found it on amazon and it was stupid cheep. The remote looks cool at least....it has a slide for safety so buttons dont get pushed...

Sent from my SPH-L900

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382382404858.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382382404858.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.