• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Xenon flat flares, anyone running them

greenjeepcj8

Legacy Registered User
City
spartanburg
State
sc
Just wonted to see if anyone is running them and what they think of the look and install

opelgtboy

Legacy Registered User
City
Glassboro
State
NJ
003.JPG
I have them and like them. The previous owner trimmed them and they look great.

Karl

greenjeepcj8

Legacy Registered User
City
spartanburg
State
sc
What did he trim and you got anymore pics. Your scrambler looks great karl

Gueon

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Thatcher
State
AZ
Hmm, I would be interested too. I would love to go back to 35" tires but I would definitely need to do some trimming to allow what little flexing I have, that's not gonna happen without the proper flare.

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Same here! My Jeep is stuck on the pavement til I figure out the 35s vs Sheetmetal issue

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Same here! My Jeep is stuck on the pavement til I figure out the 35s vs Sheetmetal issue

I know it's blasphemy to say this, but a sawsall will resolve the issue. (**ducking for cover**).

Gueon

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Thatcher
State
AZ
I know it's blasphemy to say this, but a sawsall will resolve the issue. (**ducking for cover**).

You are spot on, but I need a new flare to make 'er look pretty after the operation, can't afford to loose that curb appeal! :drool:

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
I'm running them on the back (pics in my build thread). I'm happy with them, but I'm not sure I'd put them on an OEM tub. Keep in mind that the rear flares are just YJ flares. They are rounded on the back side, and with a lip that must be removed to make them fit flush on our openings. Plus, being for a YJ, they won't hit the bottom of the opening equally on both sides without leaving a gap in the top corners.

Because I have an Aqualu tub, I don't have the OEM pinch-seam that provides that CJ-8 fenderwell line that YJ flares simply don't match. Plus, with the Ricochet Rockers, I had to trim the leading edge of the flare anyway, essentially letting me line up the bottom of the flare on the back of the opening.

Bottom line: you can trim them and make them fit, but they won't ever match the OEM lines correctly because they were designed for a YJ.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Bottom line: you can trim them and make them fit, but they won't ever match the OEM lines correctly because they were designed for a YJ.

I have them too and like them. That said, if I had a real pretty body on my Scrambler, I don't think I'd want to go this way. As said above, they're YJ shape and I had to drill new holes for the rear ones to bolt up.

opelgtboy

Legacy Registered User
City
Glassboro
State
NJ
I just went out and checked mine. They are trimmed and bolt into the original holes. Holes were made in the flare to match up. They also match the body lip. I dont know what these other guys have but mine line up with the oem lines. I will try to get pics tomorrow, too dark now.

Karl

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Rear wheel flare on mine.....

MVC011S-1.jpg

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
Mine has 35's, 3in (if I rememeber right) body lift 4 in spring lift. I have Bushwacker YJ cutout pocket flares on the rear. They fit over the raised lip of the Scrambler rear fender. You have to drill new holes to mount them. I only have cut the very lower front and rear coners out of fender well. And nothing rubs. I will try and get a good pictuire up today. Never changed the front, still stock.

DSC03508.JPG

DSC03509.JPG

DSC03511.JPG

DSC03002.JPG

Last edited:

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
Thanks Don. Any additional pics would be hugely appreciated. My 35s hit hard - I've got to cut out some metal, and haven't landed on the right flare.

Has anyone tried TJ rear flares? I hear they have a larger radius but roughly the same depth/profile. I'd love to know if/how they work on a Scrambler. I have seen little pics and read vague references to using them. Inquiring minds...

opelgtboy

Legacy Registered User
City
Glassboro
State
NJ
001.JPG002.JPG

Here are the pics of my rear xenon flare. I was wrong about the part number. The rear is 9093. The front is 9091.

Karl

opelgtboy

Legacy Registered User
City
Glassboro
State
NJ
Its amazing what age and smelling bad gas can do to the mind. The xenon flare numbers are as follows:

driver front 9092, driver rear 9094, pass front 9091, pass rear 9093.

Karl

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
A friend of mine cut out the body and enlarged the opening and made new inner fenders for his and is running 40" tires. Then he built custom tube fender flares.

I am making tube flares for the CJ 6 I am building.
DSC03493.JPG

DSC03496.JPG

Planning on using the Xenon CJ7 Flate style for the front. (if you are more courious the link to all the pictures of the build is in my Sig)