- City
- Dexter
- State
- MI
People who were here back then and a couple family members still refer to it as D-Dog to this day. Mainly @spankrjsLooks like "gangsta'" D-Dog put it on you up there in Alaska!

People who were here back then and a couple family members still refer to it as D-Dog to this day. Mainly @spankrjsLooks like "gangsta'" D-Dog put it on you up there in Alaska!
Hi sdsupilot, thought you would like the transformationI saw this on Facebook and thought it would be fun to see how our Scramblers have changed over the years. I’m not concerned about exactly 10 years. This is more about what your 8 looked like when bought vs its current state. I know there are even a few original owners among us.
Here is the first picture I have of my 8.
View attachment 99957
When I first got it home.
View attachment 99958
After 10 years of fun together.
View attachment 99959
That is going to be beautiful when it is do e. Heck, it is beautiful already.I’ll play. I brought mine home in 2014 if my memory is correct. We had to assemble a pile of parts at the sellers house. Frame, axles, body parts were all laying in various piles. Anyways- here’s where I finally towed it from the storage unit to my house, about 6 months after getting it. View attachment 100059From there, it sat as yard art until December 2019…View attachment 100060View attachment 100061And in December 2019 it finally started getting the attention it deserved. Into the new shop-View attachment 100062View attachment 100063Finally, two years later, and still working on it. To be honest, I’ve taken the past couple months off to avoid “project burnout”, but after moving the shop around, I’m going to get back to it. There’s a car show at the end of April that I’d love to introduce her at.View attachment 100064
You should see it in person!That is going to be beautiful when it is do e. Heck, it is beautiful already.
OK then, oldest pic I have is when it was 3 years old, 35 yrs ago. Pre cellphone or digit camera, so it's a pic of a pic. Not photoshopped, I even have the negativeThis is great. I love seeing all the old pictures and transformations!
I'm in:
I wish I'd known more more about CJs when I bought her as this would NOT have been the one I'd bought.
BUT, she was totally rust-free (but a mechanical and electrical nightmare, built by the Budweiser Brigade) so at least there was that. In the first year I had this POS, I think I logged more miles under tow than on her own power.
Another one that needs to be seen in person to be fully able to appreciate it... so well put together.Not 10 years, But I have 1989, 2014, 2023View attachment 109564View attachment 109565View attachment 109566
Wow did I miss the part about your Jeep being in Italy ?!? I know the rollover story quite well but Italy too? Wow!OK then, oldest pic I have is when it was 3 years old, 35 yrs ago. Pre cellphone or digit camera, so it's a pic of a pic. Not photoshopped, I even have the negative
Then a pic circa NY/PA 90vs
Plus our most recent camping trip a few weekends ago
Right? I was suprised too a while ago when he mentioned it in some thread about places our 8s had been registered. Very cool.Wow did I miss the part about your Jeep being in Italy ?!? I know the rollover story quite well but Italy too? Wow!

