• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

1983 Scrambler "STUMP JUMPER". Frame off, 5.3 Conversion.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Dennis, that thing is beautiful. :drool:
Thanks Randy, and I know when you build your Red Scrambler we will at least have matching side rails since I sent you my last set. Another member named Mike Ragsdale got the other set.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
1983 Scrambler "STUMP JUMPER". Frame off, 5.3 Conversion.

Dennis, I'm glad you posted that. I'm so happy to have the rails- they are a work of art. I wanted to make sure you were good with me revealing the source-

Guys, not only can Dennis build a mean Scrambler, but he's a great guy, too!

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Dennis, I'm glad you posted that. I'm so happy to have the rails- they are a work of art. I wanted to make sure you were good with me revealing the source-

Guys, not only can Dennis build a mean Scrambler, but he's a great guy, too!
It's no big secret. I just found a sample and took it to a local cabinet shop. Anyone can do that.
I do know this, if Randy and I lived close enough to each other to partner up we could be dangerous together. Having done his 5.3 build first he was just a tremendous help to me. This forum just seems to be full of members who love to help each other and I couldn't be more grateful.

Last edited:

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I just ordered a power window kit, a remote start kit and keyless entry and power locks for my Stump Jumper restoration/ conversion build. I installed all this except the remote start kit on my 81 Scrambler and now I really miss in on my 83 build.

Attachments

• Kit.jpg
    Kit.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 89

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Hey ZR, did you open up that barrel full of receipts yet and add them up?
I was thinking about this the other day when I was ordering a replacement tach for the RHD since the one in there is busted.
The final little things nickel and dime you.

cb

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Hey ZR, did you open up that barrel full of receipts yet and add them up?
I was thinking about this the other day when I was ordering a replacement tach for the RHD since the one in there is busted.
The final little things nickel and dime you.

cb
No I'm afraid too.... I might do that this week.
Hey anybody want to take a guess? This could be interesting.

Edited....I'll make this even more interesting. I will donate $50.00 to the forum in the name of person who guesses the closest to what my final total of receipts comes too. I am the only judge and I have the final say. Ends on Friday, July 1, at midnight CST. As long as the admin doesn't object.

Last edited:

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I demand that you seal that jar with wax; lock it in a box, and put that box in your strongest safe; never to be opened!!! It is reckless and dangerous to throw around ideas about adding up receipts!! Someone could die!! :evil: :evil:

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
OMG. You are so right. I just added up just the receipts I kept and I should never have done this. If I made this public it would discourage other Jeep owners from doing the same. This could have a devastating effect on the Global economy. Most older Jeeps would end up in a junk yard and all Jeep vendors would be put out of business. I can't be held responsible for this type of terrorist act. What was I thinking. I'll still make that $50.00 donation to the CJ-8 forum though.

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Inquiring minds want to know. It's a badge of honor in what we put in the jeeps we love. Plus we won't feel as bad being broke knowing where the money went.:rotfl::rotfl::smokin:

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I had $35,705.00 worth of receipts and I know I didn't save all the receipts. I'll spend about $2,500 on installing the 4:11 gears and another $500 on the remote start, power windows and keyless entry. It's safe to say I'll have $40,000 in this build. I still love it and $65,000.00 wouldn't be able to buy it off me. Some people will think I'm crazy but I think I'm lucky.

PS I'm glad I don't have a wife to lie to.

Last edited:

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
And you can't go to the dealer and get anything even close to it. For twice the price! :thumbsup: :wave:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Well, I was going to guess $44,395.

And, every penny was money well spent. [emoji106]