• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

1983 Scrambler "STUMP JUMPER". Frame off, 5.3 Conversion.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I know I said I was done and not buying any more Jeeps or projects.......Well I lied. I just made a deal of this Jeep FC.
I have mysunnshine to blame for this one...again
No engine or transmission.

Attachments

• IMG_1851.jpg
    IMG_1851.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1850.jpg
    IMG_1850.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
Nice! I can see why you were hiding it from us. That will be beautiful (already is).

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
This better get a build thread!! (or you can deliver it to my shop...;) )

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
You are the man. I knew you'd end up with a FC.

So....6.0 LS?:thumbsup:

I know how much you like your horsepower.... Let me throw a little fuel on that fire!:evil:

2594502504_f4292c5b7e-1.jpg

Little2BRed2BWagon-1.jpg

Last edited:

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
So I'm buying it site unseen but supposedly it's an Arizona car without any rust and sat under a shed for last 20 years. From all the pictures I got and I couldn't find any rust on it. This one just might keep its Patina look.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
So I'm buying it site unseen but supposedly it's an Arizona car without any rust and sat under a shed for last 20 years. From all the pictures I got and I couldn't find any rust on it. This one just might keep its Patina look.

That sounds great!

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Daisy has claimed full ownership of my rear seat. It's gone for good now because she will eventually chew it to pieces. She went swimming and now she's tired.

Attachments

• IMG_1873.jpg
    IMG_1873.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 162

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Finally got the engine for the Jeep Forward Control. It's going to need a lot of cleaning up. The 5.3L came out of a 2002 Z71 4WD with 120,000 miles.

Attachments

• IMG_1916.jpg
    IMG_1916.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 117

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Finally got the engine for the Jeep Forward Control. It's going to need a lot of cleaning up. The 5.3L came out of a 2002 Z71 4WD with 120,000 miles.

I'm sure tempted to jump on this 6.0L donor.
If I didn't have two donor 5.3 Yukon's in the yard I probably would.

Winfield Yukon 6Litre.png

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
4 LINK REAR

I think it's time Stumper Jumper gets a 4 link rear. Under a hard take-off I can feel and hear the rear spring wrap and the U-joints moaning for some relief. I'm ready to 4 link the rear but I have never done one before. So who makes the best 4link kits with adjustable coil overs. I need to see pictures too since I can't read. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Otherwise Stump Jumper is doing fine. She has become my daily driver and it's been over 2 years and 8k miles since the restoration with no break downs yet.

Attachments

• rocker 2.jpg
    rocker 2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 245

Dave The Sparky

Rebuilding my CJ8 very,very slowly...
City
Halifax
State
UK
Sounds like you have made your mind up but how about an anti wrap bar of some sort instead?

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
I use KCD components on my Dune Jeeps and my competition chassis. He is the best in the business for hooking you up on asphalt, mud, or sand. Extremely easy to work with and he has builder assist programs for first timers. Most bang for the buck out there in my opinion. He is a "One Stop Shop" also. He's the best of the best.
Blain Kilby
423-794-9106
Tell him you are in the Scrambler group with me. He will treat you right. :wave: