• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

1983 Scrambler "STUMP JUMPER". Frame off, 5.3 Conversion.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Can you give me guidance or part number for the yoke

i have a bad feeling that I might be in your same shoes. I have a good D300 with complete Novac adapter kit already installed in 4L60. After more research I learn that the NP 241C is good to flat tow while my D300 is not. Main purpose of my build is to tow behind the Coach...

Tow ability was my main reason for using the 241C. As it turns out it was a very wise choice.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
It was great meeting many fellow members at the Abbots get together last weekend. I appreciated all the compliments on Stump Jumper but I have to admit there was a couple of other Scramblers that were mighty nice. I didn't win any awards but the Scramblers that won certainly deserved them. I think I could have taken all of those Jeep in a drag race are top side. LMAO
Tow ability was my main reason for using the 241C. As it turns out it was a very wise choice.
Oh, don't forget if you have an automatic to the place it in park before you tow.

Reactions: SKT

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I just went back 54 pages and read my first post where said I was not going to have a budget to build Stump Jumper and predicted that i would get it built for about 17k. LMAO. Well it's over $52,000.00 and still not 100% complete but I would do it all over again and with the same parts except for the Crown and Omix crap. What a waste of time and money. Every Item failed.IMG_2189.JPGIMG_2189.JPGIMG_2189.JPGIMG_2223.JPGIMG_2223.JPGIMG_E2225.JPGIMG_1306.jpgIMG_1306.jpg

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
IF, a big If too, I could cram a turbo charger in there some where I just might be able to get stump Jumper up to about 500 stampeding horses.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
IF, a big If too, I could cram a turbo charger in there some where I just might be able to get stump Jumper up to about 500 stampeding horses.

Use a rear/remount mounted one like some vette kits use? Just saying:shrug:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I got to meet Dennis and see the StumpJumper for the first time in GA that weekend. I must say it was nice meeting you and equally as nice seeing such an incredible quality of detail and fit and finish on your Scrambler. It surely is a must see in person (y)

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I got to meet Dennis and see the StumpJumper for the first time in GA that weekend. I must say it was nice meeting you and equally as nice seeing such an incredible quality of detail and fit and finish on your Scrambler. It surely is a must see in person (y)
Thank you for the kind words my new friend

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
It’s hard to believe that I started this Stump Jumper project in 2015. I now have over 13k miles on it and it still runs and drives like a new Jeep. I’ve banged up the rear quarter a bit but I’ll just get that fixed.

Attachments

• 0171F431-A77D-4446-B662-98E65B15A30F.jpeg
    0171F431-A77D-4446-B662-98E65B15A30F.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 38

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Tell me you’ve been through 3 sets of rear tires on that hot rod by now.
always good when you pop in around here.
still one of my favorites

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Well it’s been awhile since I’ve checked in but my friend Randyzzz is starting a new build and I don’t want to miss it.
Stump Jumper is still doing fine and is my daily driver.
For all the members that are doing a 5.3 build I suggest you read me and Randyzzz past builds and we can probably save you some money with all the mistakes we made. Lol
BTW a 400 hp Scrambler can be a hand full.

Attachments

• FB17F693-A727-4DFE-A9DF-2B5C08C2933A.jpeg
    FB17F693-A727-4DFE-A9DF-2B5C08C2933A.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 10