• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

2018 Scrambler Owners Association National Scramble - SMORR, Seymour, MO

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
I booked my cabin with Mansfield Woods last week. They said they have 4 cabins left for the time we're there if anyone is interested. Of course, the weekend fills up first.
They also said they have a large pavilion we can all use if needed... I'm not sure what we already have planned at SMORR.
Where is this, in relation to the park?

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLED 8
Lifetime Member
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
I think they said about 15 minutes away. They are the closest cabin option from what I understand.

jbeshears

Basic User
City
Sturgeon
State
MO
I am interested in going. Do I need to be a member of a Scrambler Owner's association to go? Interesting that they are having a Jeep Jamboree at the same location a few weeks earlier. Where do I sign up?

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
We typically offer a $15 discount on registration if you're a SOA member at our national "Scrambles" so we hope you'd consider joining. We also offer some cool giveaways in drawings to the membership to encourage membership too. We'll announce some very soon - before the end of this month most likely. ...and yes, the fact that they run a Jeep Jamboree at SMORR should tell you something - it's a great park! Big factor in why we chose it.

We'll have registration open soon on the organizations website, cj-8.org
Registration won't be live until we've completed the event budget and worked out details on cost for food, shirts, etc. In the next few months. You know the dates now though so you can go ahead and get a reservation wherever you're staying to be prepared and work on time off from work if working somewhere that you need to do that.

Look forward to having you.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Alright, where is everyone staying? Looks like the cabins are all spoken for.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Alright, where is everyone staying? Looks like the cabins are all spoken for.

I just booked this...

Americas Best Value Inn - Seymour
1000 East Clinton Avenue
Seymour, MO 65746
Phone: 417-935-9888

Anyone know anything about it, beyond the web site? 6.5 miles/11 minutes from the Park.

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
I just booked this...

Americas Best Value Inn - Seymour
1000 East Clinton Avenue
Seymour, MO 65746
Phone: 417-935-9888

Anyone know anything about it, beyond the web site? 6.5 miles/11 minutes from the Park.

It's not a bad little hotel. Stayed there during our last National there and again last year when mapping the park for nearly a week. Don't expect anything real fancy for a continental breakfast. There's food, but it's nothing much to get too excited about. Some pastries and cereal typically IIRC.

PAPPYWAHO

Enjoying Retirement
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
It's not a bad little hotel. Stayed there during our last National there and again last year when mapping the park for nearly a week. Don't expect anything real fancy for a continental breakfast. There's food, but it's nothing much to get too excited about. Some pastries and cereal typically IIRC.

We have stayed there a few times. It is ok. We would eat a great breakfast at a cafe next door to motel. From motel it is a nice 5-6 mile drive to SMORR. There is lots of parking for trailers or you can leave trailers at SMORR.

FlagJeep

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Flagstaff
State
az
Bringing my wife and kids, towing from AZ. Still gotta figure out where to stay, we're not tent camping and I can't pull the camper and scrambler.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Booked a room at Americas Best Value Inn - Seymour

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Would love to plan ahead for this, but will have to wait and see what I feel like in June :banghead: :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

jbeshears

Basic User
City
Sturgeon
State
MO
I got all signed up on the website, and payment sent. Looking forward to being there. Will be staying at the campground. Reservations already made.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Would love to plan ahead for this, but will have to wait and see what I feel like in June :banghead: :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Raymond...we know you’re going to beat this and I need you either in front of or behind me, like usual. How else can I see what line to not take....thinking of Hell’s Gate here.

Attachments

• 1E82E903-E4C8-427E-AB0A-E4AB32FC0398.jpg
    1E82E903-E4C8-427E-AB0A-E4AB32FC0398.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 228

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Raymond...we know you’re going to beat this and I need you either in front of or behind me, like usual. How else can I see what line to not take....thinking of Hell’s Gate here.

:thumbsup:

Cincyjeeprs

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
Count the (elderly) Sullivans in. We will be coming as spectators this year. Beth had recent major back surgery and my neck is lousy, so we are leaving Shiny but Rough at home this year. Planning on driving down Friday, so we can see everyone and BETH can engage in a little bit of "sipping" with her cohorts. Can't miss the raffle Saturday.

I tried to make reservations at America's Best in Seymour, but their website showed "no rooms available". Didn't sound right, so I called and successfully booked a room. If that happens to you, call them.