2021 Scrambler Owner Association - 17th National Scramble - Rausch Creek, Pine Grove PA

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Basic Registration will be extended until May 9, 2021

Sure disappointed, I thought the Virginia Scramblers were gonna give Kansas a run for their money this year. :shrug:

Current Registration list as of 5/3/21
If you thought you had registered and you are not on the list please register again.

1620045944285.png

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Note from the Rausch Creek staff:

We will have the driveway gate left open Sunday after closing so that any of your participants camping can come in and get set up. Our camping memo and map follows below, if you could pass that info on to your participants that would be great.

We will have someone in the office on Monday to get your group all checked-in.

Due to Covid-19, patrons will be expected to observe social distancing, wear a mask in the office, and clean your hands often. If you need to get a membership, you can print and fill out the form which can be found at http://www.rc4x4.org/faq Passengers 16 and older will need a membership if they don’t already have one and their form needs filled out completely same as a driver would.

In the meantime, here’s our camping memo and camp map:

Receipt of this memo serves as your “reservation”. We do not reserve a specific site for you, the camping is first-come, first-served, however, we need to know who plans on camping so we can let you know what to expect, and some weekends we have alternate arrangements for camping.

The camping at the park is primitive and included with your wheeling fees. It is located adjacent to our day parking lot. There are porta-potties, picnic tables, and fire rings. If we were to have a crazy weekend and run out of room, we have a couple additional areas to use in that case. We do ask that people contact us prior to camping so I can make sure you get the info you need to know re: camping in general and special events that might affect camping.

The driveway will be open so you can arrive whenever. In the morning you will come up to the office to get checked-in and take care of any membership requirements.

When you come through the driveway, you will see that camping is to the right. I've attached a picture showing the layout of the camping. Area A is for single vehicles and truck/trailers. Area B is for single vehicles and truck/trailers, however, the end of Area B narrows down a bit and should be used by single vehicles. Area C is for truck/trailers and RVs. Area C has been pushed back further into the grass. Our staff is trying to keep that area cleared of rocks and be able to mow it regularly. We need members to not bring rocks for whatever reason into the grassy area. Park head first rather than parallel parking. In Areas A and B, do NOT drive into the camping area, stay on the parking area and walk-in.

The camping rules are posted throughout the camping area, however, we continue to experience a lack of cooperation from some of our patrons so I will repeat some of the rules here: Do NOT move the fire rings or picnic tables around. Do NOT leave your campfire unattended and put it out completely anytime you leave your campsite (we have had bears come into camp and disrupt things, so please put your fire out completely and do not leave food out). Do NOT use your fire ring as a trashcan for bottles, glass, cans, and other unburnable items. Burning of pallets is prohibited. There are two dumpsters located along the tree line in the parking lot you can use to dispose of your trash. We have firewood for sale (self-service after hours) up at the office, as well as an ice machine (open only during office hours).

Take note of what site you are in (there are tags on the picnic table or on a tree). When you check-in to go wheeling you will need to give that info to our staff.

If we find later that your site was left behind with trash, vandalism, or glass, etc. left in the fire ring everyone registered with that campsite will lose future camping privileges. If you are part of a group that is not following the rules and you do not want to be associated with their bad behavior, then report it to the office.

Also, we have been asked by the local township supervisors to ask our members to please observe the 35 mph speed limit on Molleystown Road.

CAMPING MAP.jpg

gr8dain

Hater of Electronics
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
So where is everybody staying?

There were some rooms blocked off at the Hampton Inn in Pine Grove. I know a bunch of us are there. Even some not on the above list.

I have stayed at the Comfort Inn right next to the Hampton Inn. It is a dive and smells of cigarettes even though they have been non-smoking for at least a decade. But itnis cheap. And I like cheap.

gr8dain

Hater of Electronics
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Really? Anyone camping???

The parking lot/camp site is usually packed and a good time. I usually hang out until I am too tired and force myself back to the hotel. I am not a camper myself. Maybe if I had an RV. But I am not an overlander. Are you bringing the new JKU? Dragging the Postal?

gr8dain

Hater of Electronics
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Speaking of lodging, are folks showing up Sunday? There is a “Diner” across the street from the Hampton Inn that is really good. I will probably try to get some folks to go there Sunday night.

Last edited:

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Hampton Inn here.