• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

2021 Scrambler Owner Association - 17th National Scramble - Rausch Creek, Pine Grove PA

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Hey, just checking. What about comms? I ditched my CB for GMRS about a year ago. Is that a problem, or has everyone entered the 21st century and switched?
I have both..

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Hey, just checking. What about comms? I ditched my CB for GMRS about a year ago. Is that a problem, or has everyone entered the 21st century and switched?

I planned on both, but when cleaning up the wiring, I ditched my CB and only put the GMRS in

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Few of us will arrive Saturday for the National Scramble.
Planning and afternoon trip up to the Yuengling Brewery if anyone wants to tag along.
1623072013612.png

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Anybody stopping by Bantam festival in Butler, PA on the way out.
Or the Willys Jeep Picnic on Sunday. The picnic is from 9-4.
42 Community Center Dr, Kempton, PA 19529.
I plan on going to the picnic Sunday in my CJ7. Can't get off of work for the Nationals😡🤬😠. I hope the Nationals rock so it is back there again soon. Hope it rocks anyway. Might make the 2 hour drive Thursday night just to meet people and see the Jeeps.

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Not a bad looking forecast for the National Scramble.

Hope it holds!

May need to throw in a long sleeve or two for the evenings.

1623091088639.png

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Anybody stopping by Bantam festival in Butler, PA on the way out.
Or the Willys Jeep Picnic on Sunday. The picnic is from 9-4.
42 Community Center Dr, Kempton, PA 19529.
I plan on going to the picnic Sunday in my CJ7. Can't get off of work for the Nationals😡🤬😠. I hope the Nationals rock so it is back there again soon. Hope it rocks anyway. Might make the 2 hour drive Thursday night just to meet people and see the Jeeps.
I know there are few Scramblers that plan to attend. Hopefully they will chime in.

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
I only just found out about the event, is it still possible to register late?
Never too late, far as I know we have never turned anyone away.

I believe I saw your name already registered? You should be good to go.

Ratface100

City
Nottingham
State
Pa
Never too late, far as I know we have never turned anyone away.

I believe I saw your name already registered? You should be good to go.
I tried going through the registry, but i couldnt tell if it went through because it was after the cutoff date

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Virginia is ahead on paper but we will see how many actually show up!
Looking at the list, we might be in double digit territory for Virginia this year. Has kansas ever done that... 😁

Last edited:

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I am so looking forward to this. I talked to my boss yesterday and told her I would not have cell connection and do not expect me on any meetings for the week. And we are so busy. But I don’t care.

The real question is what and when will my Scrambler break! I hope it doesn’t, but my luck is pretty well known here.

Oakley

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
I plan on leaving Georgia Friday afternoon. Arriving Saturday so would be up for Saturday evening/Sunday activities.
Just wondering is there another means of communications used for people to meet up?
I know many in here probably have other members phone numbers.

CJeep

Scrambled
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Easton
State
CT
I'm with you on that. I won't get there till late Sunday night. But it would be nice to have a couple of phone numbers to link up with people in case things change or get moved, Etc.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Just made this sheet that only people with the link can see and I’ll delete the sheet after the event. Fill in your info if you want people to be able to get you (assuming there’s service of course).

(see later post for the link)

I also usually roll with my GMRS on channel 18 too.

I plan to be there early/mid afternoon Sunday.

Last edited: