masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
Early CJ5 frame has been blasted and awaiting boxing. Now have a T18 built waiting paint along with a nice built Dana 20 with Terra low installed. Going with a centered flanged 44 in back and a 30 up front. Debating on staying with the posi in the rear and a Eaton E locker up front. I loved my ARB's, but also found it nice not to worry about compressor and air lines. My E lockers were flawless. Staying with 2 1/2 inch springs and 1 inch body. I'm waiting on my kid to help get the tub into the trailer and off to blasters. Not going to post new pictures until the tub is back and painted. In the mean time, I'll box the frame and get the PS box located. The Dauntless is waiting for some loving time. Might just rebuild it, but I'll tare it down and mic it out to see where its at. Still trying to settle on gears. I'm thinking 488 or 456's. Its got the T18 632 and the terra low, thinking my choices are fitting right in there somewhere. Not going to see much highway. Whatcha thinking on gears? I might have a line on a Narrowed Dana 44 for up front, the line is out, awaiting a bite.

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
Yeh these are never easy to do. I do have a rear dump for the Dauntless, so hoping that helps. When I did the last 46, I cut the stock worm gear off and welded on a 3/4 double D shaft and a carden joint the two other joints with support to the box. I'm hoping for just one joint this time and maybe a different box. I have a series 2000 box on my cj6, that worked out better. We will see. Once the engine and drive line are on the frame that fun will begin. Yeh, never simple in these little guys.

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
Not much progress to show right now. Tub is off frame and sand blared and primed. Sitting on work horse under the barn lean- to. Frame has been blasted and primed. Problem with this one was I bought a 70 CJ5 last year for my daily driver Jeep and it went south, so I ended up doing a lot of work on that one this spring. After disc conversion ,cross over, tie rod flip, a friend had to have it. That killed my spring early summer. Then I found the 66 CJ6a and began that, well now I came across a 68 CJ6 and pulled the tranny and T case today. I'm trying to get that on the road next week as my driver Jeep. So the Jalopy is not getting as much attention.

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
Not sure if you saw my last 46, but I'll post a few pics later. I was hurt at work in Dec. 2016 and comp refused to pay me for several months, so I panicked and sold it just a few months after finishing it. It was Eric's dream jeep.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
I did see the pics. What a beauty. And I’m sorry that you were hurt, and faced a situation like that. That sucks. It’s good to see you up and doing again!

Last edited: