• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

A Jeep is on its way!

AngryHippo4x4

Basic User
City
Pueblo
State
CO
Just sent my deposit to the seller and should have my 1981 Scrambler in my driveway next weekend! I am super excited to have a Jeep again after a year of not having one of my own. My wife does let me drive hers but it just not the same... just thought I would let some people know who would share in my excitement!!

Breal

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Jackson
State
WY
Nice, Congrats! When do we get to see pics?

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Congrats. Got any pre delivery pics? We expect to see some at delivery as well. ;-)

Dain

jak inc

I H8 RUST!
Lifetime Member
City
Merton
State
WI
A whole year! I can barely handle the 5-6 months of salt on the road without a Jeep. Congrats and welcome!

Gueon

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Thatcher
State
AZ
Just sent my deposit to the seller and should have my 1981 Scrambler in my driveway next weekend! I am super excited to have a Jeep again after a year of not having one of my own. My wife does let me drive hers but it just not the same... just thought I would let some people know who would share in my excitement!!

Congratulations!

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Direct for everyone's viewing pleasure:

utf8Q34809190772359947155IM103565x4215FA-1.jpg

utf8Q34809190774359947155IM105565x4215FA-1.jpg

utf8Q34809190773359947155IM104565x4215FA-1.jpg

utf8Q54332795F0016_zps05afe488-1.jpg

utf8Q34809190770359947155IM1MAIN565x4215-1.jpg

utf8Q34809190771359947155IM102565x4215FA-1.jpg

utf8Q54332795F0005_zps74ca7b3c-1.jpg

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Very nice. I bet you are happy.

Dain

AngryHippo4x4

Basic User
City
Pueblo
State
CO
Congrats!! What is the plan for it?

This is going to be our excursion vehicle! The wife and I love to go camping with our two Great Danes so we needed something that could handle the dogs and some stuff. We had a JKU that worked great, but traded it in because we were tired and broke from trying to fix a death wobble issue... Anyway, the plan is;

35" tires, bushwackers, custom fastback family cage (to keep the dogs and future kids in), snorkel, custom cargo rack to match cage, Lights for rack, cooler rack and rotopax system for tire carrier, custom rockers (I want a step kind of like the Poison Snyder JK Brawler Rockers), JK Anvil paint color, Rhino lined tub, New front bumper with fender and grill hoops, Snyder Lock Wheels, full hard top for winter months, at some point a V8 engine swap.

That's the big stuff...

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Reston
State
VA
Great Danes? At least they won't have problems jumping up and into it! SWEET! Need dog photos please!

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Grew up with danes. Love them. My parents still have one. Such sweet dogs. Lap dogs.

Dain

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
This is going to be our excursion vehicle! The wife and I love to go camping with our two Great Danes so we needed something that could handle the dogs and some stuff. We had a JKU that worked great, but traded it in because we were tired and broke from trying to fix a death wobble issue... Anyway, the plan is;

35" tires, bushwackers, custom fastback family cage (to keep the dogs and future kids in), snorkel, custom cargo rack to match cage, Lights for rack, cooler rack and rotopax system for tire carrier, custom rockers (I want a step kind of like the Poison Snyder JK Brawler Rockers), JK Anvil paint color, Rhino lined tub, New front bumper with fender and grill hoops, Snyder Lock Wheels, full hard top for winter months, at some point a V8 engine swap.

That's the big stuff...

Sounds very similar to Rispony's build: https://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthre...ad-The-Kit-Scrambler-w-Postal-Top-(PIC-HEAVY)