• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Aftermarket or NOS?

Flatie46

Legacy Registered User
City
Russllville
State
TN
I've had these for several years. Was told that they were NOS when I bought them, just trying to verify. Thanks0413201348b.jpg0413201349.jpg0413201349.jpg
 
That circle around the 81 looks like a date code - produced in 81, although I can't make out the rest. It would be way overboard for someone to try to replicate that sort of info.
 
Those do look like the AMC-made versions. They are more rubbery and less stiff than the Mopar made ones that were just discontinued. A ton of those NOS AMC versions with the frame cutouts were found by Jersey and others and have been sold into the community.
 
I've also got a few more parts I would like to verify when I get them dug out and pics taken. One thing I have A " Runuck Style" bumper but it does not have the "R" on top of the posts, it looks very well made and heavy duty. I don't know much about them, I had heard that the "R" was the tell tale sign that it was A Runuck but could it possibly be without it?
 
Yes those are the flexible NOS ones with tow hook cut outs....if you go back to the road tripping thread when I bought the J-20 Wrecker, I hauled over 200 of them back east...found a whole pallet of them loose...they are ALL gone now. its very possible these 3 came from that haul.
 
I was walking thru the cars at the Rod Run in Pigeon Forge several years ago and spotted a really nice CJ, stopped and talked to the guy. He had just a few parts with him, I bought them from him. May have passed thru your hands before that. Thankful to get them.
I also have a windshield frame and CJ 7 hatch that are suppose to be NOS. When I dig them out I will post pics, like to know for sure if they are truly NOS. Have some other stuff too but those were the ones I was really concerned about.
 
Yes those are the flexible NOS ones with tow hook cut outs....if you go back to the road tripping thread when I bought the J-20 Wrecker, I hauled over 200 of them back east...found a whole pallet of them loose...they are ALL gone now. its very possible these 3 came from that haul.
200! Holy s#@t! Where did you find those?
 
I've also got a few more parts I would like to verify when I get them dug out and pics taken. One thing I have A " Runuck Style" bumper but it does not have the "R" on top of the posts, it looks very well made and heavy duty. I don't know much about them, I had heard that the "R" was the tell tale sign that it was A Runuck but could it possibly be without it?

There are a lot of knockoff Runck bumpers, rub rails, consoles and roll cages. Few if any matched Fritz's quality. If it doesnt have his "R" on the aluminum cap, it's not a Runck. The only way ro get a replacement cap is for Doug to personally verify it genuine.
 
There are a lot of knockoff Runck bumpers, rub rails, consoles and roll cages. Few if any matched Fritz's quality. If it doesnt have his "R" on the aluminum cap, it's not a Runck. The only way ro get a replacement cap is for Doug to personally verify it genuine.
Ok thanks, just curious if it was the real deal. I kinda like it, not sure what I will put it on but maybe I just hadn't bought the Jeep for it yet.
 
Don't forget the Beverly Hills women and their stretch pants. Like stuffing a 4 lb sausage into a 2 lb skin !
 
Back
Top