• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Americana Floor Mats

onesourcemike

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
Anyone know where to find the Americana Floor Mats? I have been looking for a while and was told they are no longer being made.

Attachments

• 561FA4C4-B19C-4E6E-9FD9-0973F5CFEA37.jpg
    561FA4C4-B19C-4E6E-9FD9-0973F5CFEA37.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 249

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Correct,no longer being made and selling for big money and very fast if offered for sale on this site.

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
North Dighton
State
MA
There was pair of original (1970s) one on eBay earlier this week. Buy it now was $815 and they are now gone.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
When I was building the RHD Jeep, I was up really late for work and was looking on eBay, a set went up for $250 I think BIN and I jumped on it... brand new in box... after that (~3-4 years ago), the prices have only gone up.
I was happy to pay that price compared to what I am seeing these days.

cb

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Considering they arent actual Jeep pieces, the market for these is completely insane. I got my Postal for $650, there is no situation where a pair of non-Jeep floor mats should be anywhere close to that.

Good luck and be aware that I think there are originals (still aftermarket) and newer repros.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
I have a set setting in the basement. But i'm not sure i feel comfortable selling them. I'd probably rather trade them, I need a witco nutmeg half cab soft top for hard doors.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Hollibaugh had a set for $500 on one of the FB CJ pages.

onesourcemike

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
Hollibaugh had a set for $500 on one of the FB CJ pages.

Its hard for me to pay a premium for these mats when I had a few re-pop sets that I purchased from 4wd.com several years ago for $99.00. I actually gave a set away :banghead: a couple years ago not knowing they would be so hard to get again.

DeLuke

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
I remember them for sale back in the day around that price, too. Who could predict this market? Insane is good description.

I ran into Dennis Collins last year at their shop, and these mats came up in our discussion. Collins used to license the right to manufacture/sell them and has approached FCA on them again. However, FCA either wanted an obnoxiously high royalty rate or refused to license the Jeep name and AMC logo for the mats.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Yeah I remember when they were available cheap, I guess probably saw them on ebay.

I don't get paying that much for something that wasn't OEM, but that's just me.

Now some original Honey floormats? I could get excited about those, but unfortunately they're $$$ too.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
These mats aren't very hard to find. However, finding them for anywhere near what I'd consider a reasonable price is another story. You might contact Jeremy Tepper on facebook. I think he may have some he'd be willing to sell. They won't be cheap though.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I just bought a pair of brand new reproduction out of Indonesia They look exactly like the originals to me for 275 shipped.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
I sold a set that were beat to crap in my opinion for $100. Blew my mind.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Anybody remember what Collins was selling them for 5 years ago? I don't remember paying out the nose like that back then.

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Anybody remember what Collins was selling them for 5 years ago? I don't remember paying out the nose like that back then.
$39.99 a set.....

gotta get that time travel machine fixed right after I solve the hard to start issue with my CJ.

Time travel machine may be easier......