• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Any Jeep pics you want to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Said it before and I’ll say it again. Waaaaaay too many great photos of people’s rigs and project progress getting buried in this completely unmanageable and useless thread.

Putting your own Jeep pics in here completely negates the purpose of having a forum, it’s worse than a FB group (and they’re basically worthless).

Start new threads, keep up your own build thread on your Jeep, put them in the right subforum, add descriptive titles, let people see your stuff before it’s buried by a hundred non-Scrambler photos.

I know first-hand that many people are like me and gave up looking at this thread looong ago.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
New tires and wheels on the Scrambler today. Does it look bad not having the original wagon wheels? Mine were so rusty and old I decided to try something different until I can restore the old ones.
View attachment 64183View attachment 64181

Found these by searching for your posts to check out your rig before Sandblast. Do you have a build thread on this? Either there or in the wheels/tires subforum is where this would best go.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
Said it before and I’ll say it again. Waaaaaay too many great photos of people’s rigs and project progress getting buried in this completely unmanageable and useless thread.

Putting your own Jeep pics in here completely negates the purpose of having a forum, it’s worse than a FB group (and they’re basically worthless).

Start new threads, keep up your own build thread on your Jeep, put them in the right subforum, add descriptive titles, let people see your stuff before it’s buried by a hundred non-Scrambler photos.

I know first-hand that many people are like me and gave up looking at this thread looong ago.

I have always enjoyed thread like this because they are continuous. I find myself checking on the thread every week or two to see all the great new photos.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Photos of random Jeep junk is fine and the only reason I've left this train wreck of a thread open, but when people are posting the progress of their own rig and the things they're doing to their Scramblers in this thread, it's a total waste.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
I get what you’re saying Big Walton and I am guilty of adding pics of my 7 in this thread. However you can’t scoff at over 307,000 views

I’ll keep my personal stuff out from now on. For me I added pics of the 7 due to how happy I was to get it and wasn’t ready to start a new thread.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
Said goodbye to the 62 Willy's this week. I made money on it so that's a good thing. The new owner is a old school Willy's guy and co-wrote the children's book called "Willy, The little Jeep who wanted to be a fire truck". He even had the cover of the Jeep tattooed on his forearm. It definitely went to the right owner.1willys.jpg

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
Said goodbye to the 62 Willy's this week. I made money on it so that's a good thing. The new owner is a old school Willy's guy and co-wrote the children's book called "Willy, The little Jeep who wanted to be a fire truck". He even had the cover of the Jeep tattooed on his forearm. It definitely went to the right owner.
Ugh, my wagon has been sitting in a bay in my garage for many years....I put a 4.0L HO XJ motor in it and have basically completed the front floor board replacement, and there she sits. Been years....I work on it here and there (about once every couple of years when a spare moment comes). I have also thought about letting her go, but just can't yet! We will be empty nest'ers this fall. We'll see if time comes more easily! Otherwise, maybe it will be time.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
Ugh, my wagon has been sitting in a bay in my garage for many years....I put a 4.0L HO XJ motor in it and have basically completed the front floor board replacement, and there she sits. Been years....I work on it here and there (about once every couple of years when a spare moment comes). I have also thought about letting her go, but just can't yet! We will be empty nest'ers this fall. We'll see if time comes more easily! Otherwise, maybe it will be time.

Yeah now that my Scrambler is done I just do not want to attack another big project. I can't let things sit around as I would rather sell it and find another later on. To e honest I want to spend a bit more and get a more complete machine than this one. It really needed a full run through to be in good shape.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
46BBCC50-247F-4D2B-85F6-6B27FF14538E.jpeg

Swapped out my 2.5” lift for 4” lift springs.

Status
Not open for further replies.