ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
As an Overlander owner, I would love for it to be worth $50k USD. Unfortunately I don’t think that is accurate.

The one from the link above was worth significantly more due to the fact it was an ‘86 model. Huge premiums are paid for ‘86 model CJ-8s due to the extreme rarity.

I know of a few in the last few years that have come up in Australia between $15k and $25k USD. That is before shipping. Just as a point of reference. Now those have right hand drive and a barn door that swings the opposite direction, so this has some unique features. But then again, a left hand drive world cab CJ-8 is not terribly hard to find in Venezuela. And they made them there into the 90’s. The Australian versions also have “normal” rear seating. The Venezuelan versions have the troop seating as well as the ones from the UK.

There was also a version made in the Middle East by AIL Storm

City
Kortessem
State
BE
I will just butt in and interupt this thread for correctness as there were Diesel Isuzu engines installed in ones from the factory, i have only ever come across one though a CJ7 which it appears is sadly no longer on the road, Brochure front below is from the Netherlands.
You may carry on now... :LOL:

View attachment 84569
There was a time RENAULT engines were available for CJ 7 here in Belgium.. Good gas mileage but rather weak.

Wandering

Basic User
City
Hookstown
State
PA
I am not sure, it would bring that much, it appears that it has been recently repainted in a non-stock color. although it is a very unique vehicle i believe that it someone was interested in bring one over they would be interested in a concourse quality vehicle. I believe that your best bet would be to broadly advertise it in the EU. As I understand it the freedom to modify vehicles that we take for granted here in the U.S. are very restricted in the EU.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I still think that the low overall mileage and the uniqueness of an overseas import would be worth money to the right buyer. I had a VW Bus one time that was vin coded as a "tourist delivery". Someone special ordered a Bus in the US, Flew to Germany, took a factory tour, got to drive their bus in Germany, and then VW shipped it to the states where the customer picked it up. My purchaser was specifically interested in my bus because of that history, and paid quite a bit extra because of it.

Being half German, I would love to be able to say I had a German Jeep Scrambler!

But being mostly broke, and building "Blown Budget", that's not going to happen. Unless I win the lottery pretty soon!

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I worked for a freight forwarder a long time ago, the owner took a trip to Germany and bought a nice Mercedes an got it sent back for close to free.