• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Bigwalton's LJ - Formerly "The LJ gets some big tire love"

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
The more I look at it the more I like it.

I need a ladder to get up to the rack though ;)

PeteE

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gallatin Gateway
State
MT
When will those tops be available to purchase?

Pete

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Available now, but only for local installs at their shop, no shipping yet.

toddmonty

Basic User
City
Mattoon
State
IL
I bought one of the first LJ's off the production line since I was a supplier to Jeep, gave it to my son for his 16th birthday. I don't think he ever realized how lucky he is!!!!!!! I really like it!!!!!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
We love ours, it's been a great vehicle really and I got it pretty much exactly where I want it with the exception of the changes I need to make to get a flat belly skid on and the Saavy big brake kit. It could probably use 4.88 gears, but after driving it with the LOW first gear around town (most of my driving), I'm not complaining.

Sadly, now things are going to turn to fighting rust :banghead:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
More proper snow pics for the LJ from yesterday. Lots of white outs as I hit different drifts. Gave lots of neighbors and kids rides with the stereo blasting.

Unfortunately I now have a check engine light I need to figure out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389073398.901067.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389073409.351205.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389073418.568045.jpg

Kids on a tobbogan pulled by the neighbors truck. I'm parked waiting for them to go past.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389073443.641586.jpg

Left it in the driveway for a few hours afterward and this was what it looks like now that I pulled it in the garage. Not for the amount of snow, but the neat way it drifted on the side of the hood and roof.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389073587.051092.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389073611.267922.jpg

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Forgot this one my neighbor took from their truck.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389073719.684221.jpg

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
How is the check rust light going so far this winter. With the amount of salt and chloride they put down on the VVest coast our streets were white before this last storm hit...

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
How is the check rust light going so far this winter. With the amount of salt and chloride they put down on the VVest coast our streets were white before this last storm hit...

It's not been too horribly bad around here. All of these photos were right in our neighborhood, no salt involved.

I do have rust issues going on it though that I have GOT to get on top of. Afraid the one spot on the driver's door at the bottom of the window channel where it meets the door is already too far gone and I'm seeing it well after the bad stuff was done down inside the door shell :banghead:

SteroidGorilla

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Loxahatchee
State
FL
Big Walton,

Have you ever compared the top and roll bar from your LJ to your scrambler? It's just a thought I can't get out of my head.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Big Walton,

Have you ever compared the top and roll bar from your LJ to your scrambler? It's just a thought I can't get out of my head.

They're completely different, the amount of effort it would take to make either work would be way too much to justify it. The top especially, the windshield frame end is completely different not to mention the overall length. By the time you do the fabrication needed to try to make the rollbar work, you could have had a custom cage made.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Had to do it, when I still have a massive mound of snow in the driveway on March 5, staring at me, mocking me, it must be mounted. Poor LJ is a salt crusted, filthy mess :banghead:

Scrambler's not currently drivable, or it would get a go as well.

1622067_10203638858397541_1402907578_n.jpg

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Doesn't get washed often, but it sure looks great when it does.

haduteze-1.jpg

5yvuza7a-1.jpg