• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Body mods

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Here are a few pics of the recent work, new dash and gauges and the nose drop, droped the front of the hood and grill down 1 1/2" to help with the visibility:CIMG1089.JPGCIMG1090.JPGCIMG1092.JPG

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Nice.

Now do you have to cut down the grille hoop on the bumper? You just running fenderless or is something planned there?

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
State
Tn
Fenders are gone, we will be bending up some tube in the next few weeks to follow the hood line and tie into the front grill hoop, going to leave the height alone, it doesn't stick up as much as the photo makes it look like it does and it will add a little more protection incase it goes over. Still have a few little bugs to work out on the gagues but nothing major. I'm going to add a new console and stereo system soon, been without tunes for to long now lol

Last edited:

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
State
Tn
Here is the tube work we did where the fenders use to be, got to figure out a way to latch the hood down still, time to go to lowes and tractor supply yay!
CIMG1094.JPGCIMG1095.JPGCIMG1096.JPG

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Looks good JC. What is going to keep all the MUD out of the interior? :shrug: :wave:

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
State
Tn
Spent all day working on the jeep, more like chasing parts down ugh, amazes me how you can give them the part numbers and they tell you they can't look it up that way, what does it go on? Any way replaced all 4 calipers and bake pads, found a cut brake line that was about to burst, another trip back to the parts house and explain eveything over again to the guy behind the counter ( refrain from using the word parts man because there isn't anymore of them, just a bunch of button pushers, ugh) finally went to the back and matched it up, then to the shop to make the needed mods with the belt sander to make it fit, I did make a score on a pair of bilstien 5125 shocks and got them on it also, got the other 2 ordered today. Still haven't had a chance to chase down the gauge issue yet, need another 4 hours of daylight everyday to free up my days off:fingerscrossed:

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Still haven't had a chance to chase down the gauge issue yet, need another 4 hours of daylight everyday to free up my days off:fingerscrossed:

The problem with the gauege is the relay. Remove the left rear tail light and reach in exactly 12.8 inches and you will find it welded directly above the rear of the wheel well opening endge. Any other problems, just give me a call. :thumbsup: :rotfl: :wave:

Last edited:

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
State
Tn
Hood latch issue resolved! I have no idea what these fit or are for, found them hanging in a friends shop, they worked perfect, just the right amount of off set. I'm not a big fan of hood pins and wanted something close to stock and easy and quick to open if needed.
CIMG1097.JPGCIMG1098.JPGCIMG1099.JPG

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
State
Tn
Got the guages fixed, now if i can get the right rear brake line to quit leaking ugh, replaced the washers and the banjo bolt, got it slowed down last night not sure if it has stopped or not will check in the morning

Last edited: