California cj7 build.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Well, I forgot to take pics yesterday, shame on me [emoji849]. I ended up repainting the dash and grill, I wasn't happy with how it turned out the first time.
Painted all the small brackets black. Stuff like seat brackets , tire carrier stop and such. Also rebuilt the heater box with a new core. Ordered a bunch of parts, most should be in tomorrow.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Glad you found a nice uncut dash with openings for the clock and tach. It's going to be a really nice seven.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Glad you found a nice uncut dash with openings for the clock and tach. It's going to be a really nice seven.
Thanks, it wasn't 100% perfect. I had to fix one hole in it.

I'll vouge for ya. [emoji12] The dash came out awesome.
Thanks Jake!

I forgot to mention Jake came down and helped with the process yesterday. I won't mention what he broke and then "Tried to fix" :rotfl::crazy: Good times though and I do appreciate the help! :wave:

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Got the paint smoothed out today.

Grill back in

Some of the parts I painted the other day

Pulled the blue seat covers. I'll be putting thes in the for sale thread. Somebody can use the backs for repair pieces

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Getting closer.

I still have a lot of little cosmetic things to add and of course a steering column. Then I'll tackle mechanical, brakes, fluids, ignition, and such.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Man the little stuff is really sucking up some time on this one. First pic is one that I forgot to post earlier in the thread.

New old stock bumpers
all the snaps are on. When I get a warm day I'll fit the top.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
hole drilled for head light switch. I really like the floor mats!

And some carb work. This one is a weber clone. I want to go with stock so I can run the stock air cleaner.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Garden Hill, Ontario, Cana
State
da
I don't know what I looked at more... The pics of this awesome Jeep build, or all the kick a$$ wall art!!! :drool:

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I don't know what I looked at more... The pics of this awesome Jeep build, or all the kick a$$ wall art!!! :drool:
I saw the kitchen cabinets in the one pic of his workbench a few posts up and remembered that I have a bunch in my basement waiting to be hung in my garage as well. That is supposed to be a summer project. AFTER I get the Scrambler "done".

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Thanks guys!
Been slow going, sick with the flu for a week didn't help. Glad i got that flu shot [emoji849]
Seat belts in.
this is how to drill out the drip tubes on a carter to keep it from clogging. The drill bit is so small I have to use a pair of pliers and drill it by hand. My drill will not tighten down on it.
And replaced the shifters with a pair that has better inserts.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Ignition upgrade!

Primed the engine.
we have oil!
Battery died, had to go to the corded drill.