CJ-18a

Ledhead_84

Basic User
City
Paris
State
ON
I like it; I’m in the middle of something similar (Design wise).

Is it stock scrambler wheel base and shortened frame in the concept drawing?

City
Richmond
State
VA
I got out the only two bolts I had to drill.

The passenger side frame rail was leaning in a little at the bottom,I knew the heavy frame on my trailer would come in handy,a little back yard engineering,a couple of tie down straps,and a couple of come alongs along with a couple of home made bolt on "equalizers " 30 seconds latter it was straight again,this was much easier than when we did Nick's frame.It's within a 1/8" of being square also,so now I just have to finish some rust repair,clean and paint it.

Grantshire

Legacy Registered User
City
Richmond
State
VA
Well after many hours of cutting,fitting,welding,grinding,sanding,and cleaning,the frame is finally ready.

Great job on the welding Ted, it almost looks new!:bow: And putting the "TDK" in the front crossmember will make everyone think it is an aftermarket frame.:shrug: What does that piece of paper on the front say?:rolleyes:

:smokin::smokin::smokin:

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
I think that someone is getting paid too much.......

Maybe it was an early present from the wife. Kind of hard to sneak that under the tree.

Carl

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Great job on the welding Ted, it almost looks new!:bow: And putting the "TDK" in the front crossmember will make everyone think it is an aftermarket frame.:shrug: What does that piece of paper on the front say?:rolleyes:

You mean that "TDK" isn't Ted's initials? :evil: I thought he was just signing his work.:rotfl:

City
Richmond
State
VA

TDK = Ted Doesn't Karaoke that's all I could think of on short notice,I'm sure Big Walton can think of something better,to tie it in with Jeeps.
I don't know what that paper says.

City
Richmond
State
VA
I think that someone is getting paid too much.......

Maybe it was an early present from the wife. Kind of hard to sneak that under the tree.

Carl
I'm not getting paid too much,I managed to sell off enough Jeep parts,to more than cover the frame.:p I'd put it under the tree if I though I could get it in the house.:D

Grantshire

Legacy Registered User
City
Richmond
State
VA
TDK = Ted Doesn't Karaoke that's all I could think of on short notice,I'm sure Big Walton can think of something better,to tie it in with Jeeps.
"TDK" stands for "Ted Doesn't Know" and is the answer to the question "Which vehicle is going to get kicked out of his two car garage to make room for the CJ18a sanddragger, the Exhibit or Mary's car?". He is trying to decide which is worse, getting the Exhibit dirty or sleeping in the garage!

City
Richmond
State
VA
Well it finally got warm enough to work on her again,took all day to clean and prime the frame.:D
I used aviation zinc phosphate primer.

Grantshire

Legacy Registered User
City
Richmond
State
VA
You didn't get green paint on my transfer case did you?

Hey, I don't see the Exhibit in those pictures!

You didn't put it outside did you?

In direct sunlight?

OH MY G.........
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
You didn't get green paint on my transfer case did you?

Hey, I don't see the Exhibit in those pictures!

You didn't put it outside did you?

In direct sunlight?

OH MY G.........
:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I almost spit my beer... almost ;)