• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

CJ-8 Strapless Bikini ? ? ?

buckallred

Basic User
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Can anyone confirm that a STRAPLESS BIKINI TOP for a CJ-7 will fit a CJ-8?

I prefer that design over the 'traditional' type of bikini top with the long straps in the back.

I think the 7's and 8's are pretty close to the same re: the distance between the top of the windshield frame and the rollbar. . .

Just wanted to see if any 'experts' here could confirm that before I buy one.

THANKS!!

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
Lifetime Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
Just get a strap type one and then roll the tail arround the roll bar to make a strapless type.

I do that and it works great. Mostly because I already had the strap typ eand it was easy to use. But it doe sallow you more choices.

Carl

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I had a strapless bikini from a 7 on mine, it fit, but make sure it has the middle strap that goes around the rollbar in the middle and back to the windshield frame... mine was a freebie without that and it was a PITA at speed.

I got another bikini with straps and I am really looking forward to getting it put on there.

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
buckallred said:
Can anyone confirm that a STRAPLESS BIKINI TOP for a CJ-7 will fit a CJ-8?

I prefer that design over the 'traditional' type of bikini top with the long straps in the back.

I think the 7's and 8's are pretty close to the same re: the distance between the top of the windshield frame and the rollbar. . .

Just wanted to see if any 'experts' here could confirm that before I buy one.

THANKS!!

Yep it will fit..........here's a helpful hit.........lay it out flat in the sun for about an hour before you install it,you will get a much better fit,Big Walton is right make sure it has the middle strap-JC

matnic

Scrambler-in-Progress
City
Rapid City
State
MI
I have one on mine. Again, use the center strap.

Here is mine on:
attachment.php

(soory, a little grainy. taken before our digital camera)

I do wish it sat a little higher. At 5'11", in the driver's seat I don't hit the top, but in the passenger's side, my head does rub. Like was suggested, sit it in sun for a bit to warm it, then tighten down. I may also adjust the windshield just a hair up to see if I can get it to be more vertical: that may give just a bit more room under the top.

fisherman

Whew, was that you?
City
brunswick
State
md
I got another bikini with straps and I am really looking forward to getting it put on there.

Eric,
i wanna see pictures of you in a bikini with straps(or even one without) :p

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
fisherman said:

Eric,
These are images that I do not like in my head......... :eek:

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
fisherman said:
Eric,

Thanks Chris,

Now I don't know if I will be able to eat tonight with that mental image..even if he is a celebrity..

Truck

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
For those you'll have to move over to my pay site hotbigwaltonlove.com

Oh, and be warned, the price just went up given my new celebrity status...

Some of you sickos clicked that, didn't you???? :D

Last edited: