• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

CJ10a big block Caddy 500 Rat Rod 😈

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
image.jpegWell...... FINALLY getting started on this project.
Mostly using leftover stuff from other builds. So far, i'm out a grand total of ZERO dollars!

Mostly from parting out a '92 Dogde dually and a '95 YJ and keeping the parts i wanted/needed. image.jpeg
Bought this bed and some H1 wheels and tires for $250 off CL

Last edited:

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
image.jpeg
Found this body at a local scrapper's yard. For $250, i couldn't leave it there! 😮

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Great find on that cab. I'll bet there are a few guys on here drooling over those doors.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
I just chocked on my dinner!! I want those doors lol

Sent from my SM-N910P

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
What a fun build! I'm loving the pics on this one. :)

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
image.jpegimage.jpeg
Tried to sell the doors to fund this project, but no luck. I think I'll just keep them now....

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
image.jpegimage.jpeg
Took the dodge bumper extension brackets off to move bumper closer to the grill.
I think it looks meaner! Body is only laying on the frame at this point. Gotta fab up some body mounts....
Also made some turn signal hole filler panels.... Thise turn signal are impossible to find!!! Apparently, its the same lens as a Ferrari Mondial 8. I found just the lenses for $249 each on ebay 😦, so i'm going a different route.

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
View attachment 53596View attachment 53597
Took the dodge bumper extension brackets off to move bumper closer to the grill.
I think it looks meaner! Body is only laying on the frame at this point. Gotta fab up some body mounts....
Also made some turn signal hole filler panels.... Thise turn signal are impossible to find!!! Apparently, its the same lens as a Ferrari Mondial 8. I found just the lenses for $249 each on ebay [emoji46], so i'm going a different route.

On all of mine the plastic body of the lights has just crumbled away. $249 each? I'm rich! I have two!!

LSUtiger

Legacy Registered User
City
Monroe
State
LA
image.jpg
Awhile back, I managed to score this 500 c.i. v8 from a '76 Coupe Deville w 40k miles for FREE!!! Bought the car for scrap w no title, pulled the engine and trans, then sold the remainder for exactly what I paid. The pic ^ is not the actual car! but it was exactly like it..... just not as nice.
Ran the car b4 pulling...... everything was good 😎

Last edited: