• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

D-Dog and the Goat

Spydus43

Basic User
City
Raleigh
State
NC
bigwalton,

I'm game for Saturday, anyone else going?

Where in Durham do you live? I live in WoodLake, near Woodcroft and South Point Mall.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
It's on!!!

Spydus43 said:
bigwalton,

I'm game for Saturday, anyone else going?

Ok, it sounds like this is on, and since no one's objected to me opening it up to area Jeepers, I'm going to go ahead and do that too.

People can show up at my place 11-12ish and we'll hang out and see if we can find something to talk about :D for a while then head to Bullocks at 1-2 or whenever people want.

I'm going to have to head over to Duke for the evening with my wife while she camps out, so it won't go real late, but there's nothing saying anyone else can't go on from Bullocks and do something fun.

Anyone that's interested can email me for directions and such, I'd rather not post it up there, we'll take it off the board. I'm at bigwalton@earthlink.net

Rough directions are that I'm 3 minutes north of I-85 right near the 15-501 exit. Bullocks is about 10 minutes from my place. I'll have the beer :cool:

PS. I just spent all afternoon working on cleaning up the nasty spray paint overspray that was all over the front of my ride and I strated grinding off the rust spots on the sides. It's looking like a completely different Jeep!! I even got the lousy spray painted stripes on the hood! Had my wife out there scrubbing at her even! I'll post pics tomorrow. Goat... you're not even going to recognize her!

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
bummer

You guys have fun,i've got to work this weekend(the28th)eat some extra BBQ and drink a cold one for me-JC:(

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Re: bummer

mulescj8 said:
You guys have fun,i've got to work this weekend(the28th)eat some extra BBQ and drink a cold one for me-JC:(

When at Bullock's you get the family style meal, all you can eat BBQ, fried chicken, brunswick stew, hush puppies, french fries, green beans and coleslaw. I generally try to eat a little extra for everyone on the eastern seaboard. :D

FELNTPSY

Booty Fab Master
City
Morehead City
State
NC
IN

I'm in I guess. I know that I won't show up in my 8....it is so torn down right now there is no way!!

Like I said though, I might get the old man's and show up with that....Hell...his is alot nicer anyhow!

MadGoat

Basic User
I'm in

I got the head put back on the goat last night. A couple more hours of wrenching and she'll be running again.
Looking forward to meeting you guys, or at least seeing your jeeps;) .
My mouth is watering just thinking about Bullocks.
Is anyone bringing an 81'? I'm gonna try to have a bunch of vacuum hose with me so I can maybe do a little "copy and paste".
Does anyone know the standard sizes of vacuum hoses that I will need? Thanks.

Keith

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
You can just get the vacuum tubing like you have left on the lines that they cut. I know that the smallest size line is the same as the two bits I saw on your air cleaner vent/defelctor things (the two round can looking jobbers on the air cleaner intake). If I remember right the PO left some of the line connected to those and just cut it off with a knife. I don't remember the others that well to tell you, but most of it is that smaller line anyhow, so you ought to be able to do quite a bit with just a bunch of that.