• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Daily driver if money was no object.

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
Has this turned into a dream car(s) thread and not a single daily Daily driver thread ??:rotfl:

Daily driver if money was no object = Dream car. I would love to have a 911 GT3 RS as a daily driver, but what would my Sunday car be?

I have a bucket list of cars (as I am sure a lot of you do). I did just check one of those off the list after finding one that needed some help. This will be my daily come Spring after I fix a few things.

20161209_123305_resized.jpg20161209_123349_resized.jpg

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
And if money were no object, my dream cars would be my daily drivers. Same same.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
These are actually driven once in a while. Local guy has a nice collection of cars he opens up for private parties
4f4c98ccf3f230f69538837fe4a4be66-1.jpg
992622d9a2d7b7dfa12030a265df6e91-1.jpg

Sent from my iPad

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
These are actually driven once in a while. Local guy has a nice collection of cars he opens up for private parties
4f4c98ccf3f230f69538837fe4a4be66-1.jpg
992622d9a2d7b7dfa12030a265df6e91-1.jpg

Sent from my iPad

The sheer value of those two makes driving them sheer lunacy.... good for him![emoji41]

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Three Superbirds, wow? There was one in my neighborhood growing up 20+ years ago. I was at the house last summer for a garage sale and asked about it. Guy laughed and said it is his sons who still owns it, I talked to him for a few. I new it was not at that house for a while as I used to be able to see he spoiler through the garage door window.

Sent from my SM-J320P

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I wonder if they are clones. If those are real birds, then I am speechless. That's like one of us having three 1985 Laredo scramblers. No one in the world does !

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Just takes money. They are out there. If you have it, they will come[emoji298]️[emoji298]️[emoji298]️[emoji298]️

Sent from my iPad

craveman85

CJ-8 Member
City
Dolgeville
State
ny
The guy I bought my scrambler from has an original challenger he bought brand new still looked new. I think it was a 69 426. Kinda dark green color if I remember correctly. I was too interested in the scrambler I was buying which someday will be my summer daily driver. Can't wait to get it done. However winter is here...

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
They only made 2,015 or so scramblers for the 1985 model year , at the end of the run, and if you say , on a good day, 400 were Laredo, roughly 1 outta 5 , but it was realistically probably much less. Us AMC-Jeep people have it much harder. Less numbers AND no records ! The super bird peeps know how many per COLOR and option set. Ahhh. [emoji51][emoji482]

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I wonder how many super birds were even made. Other than the one or two I saw in NASCAR races in the 60s as a kid on TV, I've only see a handful as an adult. Three of them are in those pictures.

Sent from my iPad

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
They only made 2,015 or so scramblers for the 1985 model year , at the end of the run, and if you say , on a good day, 400 were Laredo, roughly 1 outta 5 , but it was realistically probably much less. Us AMC-Jeep people have it much harder. Less numbers AND no records ! The super bird peeps know how many per COLOR and option set. Ahhh. [emoji51][emoji482]

At a silly number no matter condition of say...$30000x 400 Laredos, you could own them all for a pittance. [emoji851]

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
92 percent have been crushed tho !! So you can't, no matter how rich you are. It simply cannot be done ![emoji846]

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
If limited number makes for rarity and value, my 1987 J20 Pioneer should be rare and valuable. According to Jim Allen's book total J20 truck production for 1987 was about 639. I don't really care though, that truck's a keeper. Especially with its' history, being bought new by Al Unser Jr.

When we were teenagers, I had my King Cobra, and 3 of my friends had some cool cars too. One had a 1970 Super Bee, one had a 1971 340 Duster, and one had a 1967 Mustang with the Hi-Po 289. The Mustang ended up wrecked and I got the engine and installed it in my first 4X4, a 1967 Ford Bronco. ( I had to sell the King Cobra- I was constantly getting ticketed and after getting 6 tickets in one month, I gave up. Bought the Bronco and I've driven trucks ever since.)