• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Eric Got A Postal Question

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Eric is the rear end in the postal the stock AMC 20 with the two piece axles or is it an upgraded verison or a Dana 44-just thought i'd ask since these things were going to see a ton of miles on them if the Goverment may have ordered something special other than the tops-JC:D

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I wish...

Yeah, you might have thought something like that but they're the standard 20 rear with the two-piece. Rather than dealing with upgrading to a set of one pieces, I thought I'd find a 44 and do it right from the start. I'm trying to avoid as much "incrementalism" as possible with this thing. I can handle waiting on doing things right if I know I'll be able to get more and better stuff in the long run.

I'm still shocked by how few miles are on this one. As best I can figure, it must have been from an Anchorage city route, lots of people in very little distance. It's the only thing that makes sense unless the USPS reported the mileage incorrectly (rolled odometer) when they surplused it for the title. Of course, there's lots to suggest that the mileage is right, just ask anyone who's seen the engine. :D

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
THANKS

I'd say from looking at the pics i'd have to agree that the miles must not have been to bad or they did a lot of maintance on it-JC;)