• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Expedition Scrambler..?

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Since it sat so long I guess the fuel pump died. Swapped it and gave it a new filter... varoom. Because pics are better than me blathering. ..

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
You're Back!
Lol... yes sir, sorta.
Life is at a change. Military decided instead of promoting me that I should simply go. [emoji53]
To that effort we have been preparing to move from NOVA to Colorado. I'll be able to stay in service via the reserves and hopefully finish towards retirement but everything else is a blank slate. Hh6 and I will need jobs, a place to stay, and the worst part... moving all the stuff west.
2 jeeps, a suburban, her VW, and the moving truck.
Fun fun.
All that being said I have been busting my hump trying to get all the ducks in order. Jeeps have been a LOT of work but are at least able to make it on a trailer on their own power. The XJ is about 98% ready to be back to DD status. The scrambler runs and drives some. Hopefully we can find a place with a garage sufficient enough to let me keep working on stuff. But I'm here... :)

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Glad you are home... it will all work out, take it one step at a time and before you know it all the Jeeps will be there and you will be happy.

cb

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Thanks fellas. It's a big move but we're excited. I'll be around as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-N910V

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I just read this thread from the beginning and I must say wow wow wow and glad you are back. I just lived the last 6 years of your life and I am exhausted. :wave: :wave: I love the stance of your scrambler and you are rockin the full top proudly :smokin:

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
I just read this thread from the beginning and I must say wow wow wow and glad you are back. I just lived the last 6 years of your life and I am exhausted. :wave: :wave: I love the stance of your scrambler and you are rockin the full top proudly :smokin:
Ha!
Thank you sir! It's funny as I look back on the threads beginning how long ago it actually was. My original intent to create a scrambler designed more for expeditions has gone through many changes and I'm sadly nowhere near that. The story is far from over though. Not sure exactly what direction it's heading in next (other than west, haha). My Xj has morphed pretty well into an expedition oriented vehicle despite it being (soon) my daily driver again. I have no doubt though that the 8 will be seeing trails in colorado, probably Moab, and who knows...maybe get to finally run the rubicon.
I'll try and get back to posting more regularly. Lord knows I should have time soon being unemployed. [emoji57]

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Well, Colorado is on my "places to visit" list- maybe I'll get to meet you some day.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Feel free to swing by Ashburn before you head out to CO. Maybe on the day that I will be moving the tub over (hint hint). ;)

I will be sure to have a beverage of your choice on hand.

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Feel free to swing by Ashburn before you head out to CO. Maybe on the day that I will be moving the tub over (hint hint). ;)

I will be sure to have a beverage of your choice on hand.
All things considered I will certainly try. If we get stuck here a bit waiting for the army to pay my last check it may be possible I'll have a free weekend. And while I don't think I'd risk driving the scrambler with its temp drive shaft (and other issues), hopefully the xj will be back on the road.

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
Don't do it unless the tub loses some weight :) We tried last time with the seats, windshield, etc in and it wouldn't budge. Unless we missed some kind of attachment bolt (which we might have), I think you're going to have to remove some stuff Dain. If the tub is 300 lbs + 1/2 hard + seats + windshield + console + storage box + misc you are going to need a lot of help :)

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Don't do it unless the tub loses some weight :) We tried last time with the seats, windshield, etc in and it wouldn't budge. Unless we missed some kind of attachment bolt (which we might have), I think you're going to have to remove some stuff Dain. If the tub is 300 lbs + 1/2 hard + seats + windshield + console + storage box + misc you are going to need a lot of help :)
His is a glass tub so it may (or may not!) Weight less.. 4 guys should be enough unless they all have a back like mine.[emoji15]

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA

Don't worry Chris. We will remove the top and the seats. ;)

The console and cargo box should be easy too.

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Been a long while since I posted anything about my 8. Since moving to Colorado I honestly haven't been able to do anything but look at it. Now I cant do that everyday as some jerk in our apartment complex reported it as being more than our "allowed" 2 vehicles. [emoji35]
So yesterday I fired it up and drove it to a parking lot close by. Not really excited about leaving it there but it is short term until I get storage figured out. What's odd is it ran for about 5 minutes and the temp gauge just climbed slowly to max.
It has coolant. The belt isn't broken. I'm guessing all the sitting it's been doing has maybe stuck the thermostat or the water pump is KIA? Not sure but I really, REALLY need to give that jeep some love soon. Sucks having a nearly done scrambler that you never get to use.[emoji20]

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Sorry for being MIA guys.
Thanks for being patient. Consider this a warning shot that I'm (finally) getting ready to give the CJ some much deserved love.. stay tuned!