• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gladiator

BLennon

Scrambler Rookie
City
San Diego
State
CA
A little late to the discussion, but here are my two cents...My immediate first impression wasn't that great, but it has quickly grown on me the more I see it and with the different aftermarket potential. I also agree with most about the price easily getting into the low to mid 50s. Good for Jeep being able to sell vehicles for that much, but I don't ever plan on spending that kind of money on a Jeep (not counting bottomless money pit restorations).

As to whether it sells well/has a long production run, I trust Jeep's research on this more than my own opinion. Remember, we are all Scrambler fans and love old Jeeps. We probably aren't the target audience overall for brand new JTs and JLs. I think the JKs and JLs have proven there is a market for high priced Jeeps. Though I don't think it's practical to spend close to 60K on a Jeep, I think plenty of other people will.

One more thing...is there ever going to be a two door version of these?? Probably wouldn't be as popular as the four door, but would be cool to see.

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
I can't get past how similar it looks to the Hummer H3 pickup.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
I can't get past how similar it looks to the Hummer H3 pickup.

I may be a minority in this thought but I loved the Inline 5 in my Colorado and the H3 had a nice little power bump. It is a solid running motor.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
You could buy two really, really, really nice Scramblers for what this thing costs :shrug::twocents: