• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Got the Vortec V8, Now what?

I prefer the 241C- Just a personal observation. There is a SYE eliminator available for the 241C from JBConversions, maybe others. I don't like the slip yoke output unless it is for an unlifted unwheeled Jeep. The SYE is added insurance and extra strength. The 208 has a 2.61/1 low, the 241c Has a 2.71/1 low. Not enough difference to matter. The 241c is the newer version.
 
Been working on my extended Scrambler. Did the frame awhile back and have a rolling chassis. I cut the cab section off of a CJ-7 and the bed area off a really bad postal tub. Lots of work on the underside replacing sheet metal and caged body mount nuts. All stuff to make the two halves useable. Now I've get to join them. Back section is bolted down. Front section has a few inches to be removed to get it to match up to the body mounts. If I'd started with nicer body parts it would have been much easier, but then there would be one less Scrambler on the road and this way there will be one more. Got the wheel wells and the under-the-roll-bar metal from Classic Enterprises. They do make good parts. I used some spring hangers to run the chains through for lifting the body. Misplaced the custom ones I made but these worked out really well. Today I cut and fitted the halves and almost got it lining up. I'll take a new picture of that tomorrow.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0004 - Copy (2).JPG
    IMG_0004 - Copy (2).JPG
    433.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0001 - Copy (7).JPG
    IMG_0001 - Copy (7).JPG
    487.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0002 - Copy (4).JPG
    IMG_0002 - Copy (4).JPG
    579.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0003 - Copy (3).JPG
    IMG_0003 - Copy (3).JPG
    535 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top