Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Sigh. I took a break from work and decided to clean up some wiring. I added a dual bus bar set up and ran a hot from the starter post to one and a wire grom tge battery to the other side. I used 8 gauge wires. Not sure if I needed that thick, but why not. And I am tryibg to do it right by using a proper crimp tool and the heat shrinking wrap. Then I used some brackets to hold one of the wire looms against the firewall. I also ran a dedicated ground from the computer over on the driver fender to the bus bar.

Then for shits and giggles I attempted to fire it up. 😓 No bueno.

I am getting fuel pressure at the rail, but I am not sure about spark. I will do that testing another day. Too cold now and I need to get back to work.

I have my multimeter, spark tester and injector tester ready to go. I really hope I figure this shot out soon.

I may decide to build a little roof for the bus bars. I would hate for them to get wet.

Attachments

jpnmaine

CJ-8.com Member
City
East Wilton
State
ME
Beg borrow steal a fuel injector Noid light test light. It will tell you if the computer is sending pulses to the injector. An old timing light helps when alone to verify spark.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Beg borrow steal a fuel injector Noid light test light. It will tell you if the computer is sending pulses to the injector. An old timing light helps when alone to verify spark.
I have access to an injector tester. And I have a spark tester. So I will get busy troubleshooting when I get another break from working.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Ok, just went out after ending work for the night and did some simple tests. When I crank the motor, zero spark. I tested the resistance of the grounding of the computer and it was 0.8. So not bad. I also tested all of the circuits in the fuse box in the harness. 12v coming and going to all of them.

To me this is pointing to a crank sensor that is bad. I am inclined to just get one and see.