• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Heads up: Tapatalk going away on CJ-8.com

HeyLady

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Leicester, North Carolina, United States
State
nc
I see BW, sitting in his command center with a stiff drink and a big smile on his face as his finger falls upon the "delete TT" button.... finally!
5bb27a57972d16c76164349351b983f2-1.jpg
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my XT1585

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
We just have to be different over here. I have never seen an ad or any of the other bad stuff discussed here. A screen shot...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1485648545.774465.jpg
Simple clean no clutter. Convenient and quick. Shame it's created issues for everyone.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I see exactly what you see Gazzo, I have zero issues (tapatalk related anyway ) and 180 degrees from you :)

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Why are there differences? Weird? Here is the AJOR (ausjeepoffroad) forum. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1485697822.717168.jpg
I understand the agro with all that other shiz on there but I just have it at all.
Oh well it is what it is

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
The tapatalk plugin has been disabled and we'll proceed with full uninstall from here.

For simpler browsing/replying, you can select one of the mobile themes in the drop down in the lower left of any forum window.

themes.jpg

For posting photos, use one of the full browser themes and attach as you would on your computer. On a phone, it should also give the option to use your camera.

IMG_9555.PNG

If you're in a mobile theme and want to post a photo, there's a link at the bottom of every page to switch to the full site. It should take you to the same page you were on, just in the full site theme and you can attach photos as on your computer.

IMG_9554.PNG

I know this is an adjustment, but it's in the best interest of all of our users to do this long-term.

We have a solution in place to pull down all Tapatalk-hosted (and any other remote hosting solution) image and update the links accordingly moving forward.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Thanks for the tutorial. :thumbsup:
That will make it much easier to post images than my old way.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Thank you for all you do for us BIG W. You are appreciated. :wave:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Why are there differences? Weird? Here is the AJOR (ausjeepoffroad) forum. View attachment 57573
I understand the agro with all that other shiz on there but I just have it at all.
Oh well it is what it is

I think it's more the behind the scenes stuff that we don't see that is leading to this. The costs of the service or plug in or whatever you call it which after all i assume isn't free for these forums on it and the overrun of tapatalk taking something so simple that was good before and to trying to cash in on so much extra advertisement crap and the like. Like jeepforum.com. Tapatalk behind the scenes has become that I gather.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I'm not happy about any of the front end changes, constant updates, forcing their idea of a community on top of the forums that made them even possible, etc. but the reasons we needed to get rid of this were all backend related.

The things they forced on the users on the front end were nothing compared to the back end BS. I outlined it earlier.