• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Help me pick stripe/decals

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
Want to put some stripes/decals on the Scrambler this winter. My Jeep is a 1982 but far from stock want to take off the decals that came on it and put on some factory Scrambler decals. The year doesn’t matter to me. Just what you guys think looks best
Jeep is painted a shade lighter than the factory Copper color
I know my plate says 81. Took that off my old Scrambler and put it on this one

Looking for opinions on what stripe kit and what colors. Thanks
C12BB59D-8B37-4555-BAA0-6AAEE1CA649B.jpeg9656DC9E-6AE7-4FD6-869F-4D6FFF7A132D.jpeg81B5FC2E-B232-479D-90D3-A9093F64F879.jpegCF889032-DADE-4649-AC30-34BA182C50EC.png054B3AC2-F986-4D22-AAEF-9E26AF16B760.png

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
My 1981, top was painted by PO, was nutmeg…C8856EED-AB65-4FFD-89B4-F0A680ADB374.jpeg

jc_chandler

City
Denver
State
CO
The dark/light silver combo that Phoenix offers could look good, matching the look of the trim, wheels, etc you have. Awesome looking Scrambler btw.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I would do the Phoenix Graphix 81-82 stripe kit in yellow. I believe this is what @walkerhoundvm used on his. And I think everyone would agree that it looks awesome. Check his out if you haven't seen it, it's beautiful.

Interceptor

My toy of joy
Silver Member
City
Galivants Ferry
State
SC
Has anyone applied decals on base coat before applying clear? I've done pinstripes like that and worked out well. Never got ragged edges or wax build up.

Craner8

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Orlando
State
FL
I’d contact Phoenix Graphics and ask them to send you samples of colors if they will, for 81 through 84 of the yellow, burnt orange etc. and see how it looks on your color. I’ve got the 81-82 on my 83 With hockey stick-like stripe up the rear, but I mine is light green too. I might want to see the burnt orange colors against your paint color. It may disappear too much. Also, when applying mine I noticed a seam in the hood decal that I’m not sure should be there. It looks fine but it shows.

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
I’d contact Phoenix Graphics and ask them to send you samples of colors if they will, for 81 through 84 of the yellow, burnt orange etc. and see how it looks on your color. I’ve got the 81-82 on my 83 With hockey stick-like stripe up the rear, but I mine is light green too. I might want to see the burnt orange colors against your paint color. It may disappear too much. Also, when applying mine I noticed a seam in the hood decal that I’m not sure should be there. It looks fine but it shows.
That’s a good idea. Thanks

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
Has anyone applied decals on base coat before applying clear? I've done pinstripes like that and worked out well. Never got ragged edges or wax build up.
I did this on my '81. Loved the ease of taking care of them as you state. I chose not to do it to my '83 due to wanting a more original look. Check out my build thread on here "It came home in buckets" to see some pics of the decals after clear applied.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
I'm also a fan of the 81-82 stripe kits.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I have always liked the 83-84 style stripes the best. I was/maybe still am considering them in all black for my build. Found this online View attachment 97545
For me, it's the 90* kick at the end of the 81/82 decals. I don't know what I'd call it, sorts like ski tips.

But the stacked slope thing at the front end of the 83/84 are cool too. Made it look fast like an 80s buddy cop show's car.