• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

In Cab Cage. Who has one? Pictures.....

tom82cj8

Scrambler Pro
City
Austin
State
TX
Lets see pictures of your cages that fit inside the factory half-cab...... Does anyone make a weldable kit or do I have to start from scratch? I don't think I like the bolt together kits, convince me.....

-Tom

mikecj8

Legacy Registered User
City
Nevada City
State
ca
I have one in mine. I used a full cage for a CJ-7 and cut it up to fit under the 1/2 cab. I can get pictures in a day or two. It was a cheap alternative than buying a kit or having one custom made.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
I have the Rockhard bolt-in kit. I like it.

tom82cj8

Scrambler Pro
City
Austin
State
TX
The rockhard kit looks decent, but for the money I think I can build/buy a welded kit from scratch. Anyone have pics of a custom cage in their Scram?

Tom

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Here's a bolt/weld in kit that goes to the dash with an optional floor mount:

http://www.orfab.com/Sportcage.htm

I couldn't use one designed to work with a half cab because I'm too tall and would kill myself by blunt trauma.

I like this one because I need one that goes all the way back to the stock rollbar (or replaces it, but then we're looking at big $$$ custom cage stuff)

I like their rear cage as a start to a full cage, but, as they say on Pirate4x4 "Needs triangulation" I think it would be pretty easy to add the needed strength to it, but then I wonder if it's as much $$ and trouble as a custom cage...

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
I have a half cab cage I got with the Scrambler I bought from Lee Smith.

It is for sale, I will try to set it in the tub and take some pic's.