• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

JC's paint job copycatted

donaghy

CJ-8.COM owner
SOA Member
FORUM OWNER
City
Lexington
State
SC
JC...

They have disgraced your awesome paint job and put it onto a liberty...

They should be ashamed of themselves to put that on a liberty..

LINK TO SEMA Show 2002

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
I wanted to be the first guy to copy it on my 72 J4000! I think that i will do it sometime, probably not until spring now. JC, can you give me the exact ingredients that you have on your Scrambler?

donaghy

CJ-8.COM owner
SOA Member
FORUM OWNER
City
Lexington
State
SC
ANDD.. It appears it JC's birthday today

HAPPY Birthday JC..

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Thanks Lee for the link, i am very interested in that, the stopping ability of this truck is poor withjust drums.

I will post a couple pics, maybe even today, of the J4000. It needs a lot of work but i'm using it right now as my daily driver. Thank God i don't have far to drive in this small town! I'm trying to save wear and tear on my Scrambler, specifically the tires. They cost a small fortune to just wear down around town.

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
pics of J4000

Okay, here are a couple pictures of the J4000. You can see why i would like to "borrow" JC's paint idea.

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
J4000

Last one, don't ya just love that front bummer! It just screams Get OUT OF MY WAY!

fisherman

Whew, was that you?
City
brunswick
State
md
J4000

Phil,
Is the J4000 a civillian model of the m-715? I saw a 715 unloading trash at the landfill that looked like it belonged in a war museum, Very nice and the guy was useing it as a work truck. I think the m-715 will be my next "after scrambler is finished" project- Ha Ha Ha!

Panther

Scrambler Nut
City
Methuen
State
MA
Phil,
With bad brakes and that bumper I'm surprised there aren't several colors of painted on it!
You're a better man than I, if I drove that around here I would bash into everyone that cut me off! I would say, "sorry but I have the right of way, the accident is your fault", lol!
That's a good idea by the PO, "hmm, I have bad drum brakes but instead of fixing them, I'll just make 2 foot high, heavy duty bumper".

Seriously, you should join us on ifsja.org it's a great board for all things FSJ.
Lee

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
paint job recipe and birthday wishes

Thanks for the B'day wish,I just turned 42 going on 18-LOL- Phil as far as coping my paint job, a fellow from Southern pride 4wd club was the first to copy it on his Scrambler,i think he goes by Jeepslayer,He did a nice job,unlike that thing that Matt posted-What the hell is that anyway,an urban mall stomper would be my guess:rolleyes: As far as the recipe here goes,get whatever paint that is on sale,this should take at least 6 months to hit all the bargin bins and close out sales at the parts house,lumber yards and hardware stores,why waste time sanding it,it might cost you $10.00 more if have to buy sand paper,then probably another $15.00 if you decide to primer it also:p OK you have finally got your paint together,the next step is to down a 6 pack of your choice and start shooting in no random order,however i would paint all the light colors first and then add your dark colors last,the light colors kill the dark color if you get over spray on it.All this is best done in a the dark,then when you see it for the first time in the light it seems to make more of an impact-JC:eek:

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Thanks for the advice, i may be able to someway, somehow, give you credit on the Jeep for it, maybe in the corner somewhere, really small.

As far as the J4000 being the civil version of the M-715, i don't think so. I think the axles are different for one thing, if anything the military used the Galdiator and spun something off that. I'd kinda like to have one though.

I think i am a member of the ifsj site, i just need to go there more. My problem is this truck needs engine work, (it's the original motor), carburator work, wiring work, brake work, inside the cab stuff, i don't have brake lights either. We call it "old smokey" but it does run everyday. I don't really have the time , knowhow and resources right now plus i still want to do more stuff to the Scrambler. A friend of mine has a TF999 that i'm thinking of getting to replace my SR4, so that may be the next project.

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
Sweet!

That is one nice looking j4000! one rarely sees them that clean and that straight. I love the FSJs, wish I still had one of mine.

tr

trust

PITA
City
White Rock
State
NM
Sweet!

That is one nice looking j4000! one rarely sees them that clean and that straight. I love the FSJs, wish I still had one of mine.

The M715 was a militarized Gladiator not the other way around based on the production dates. There are numerous other differences as well as the axels. Want a 715 too but that ain't happening either.

tr

Panther

Scrambler Nut
City
Methuen
State
MA
Phil,
I hear ya on the time, resources and multiple projects. I'm doing some juggling right now myself. I'm work on both the scrambler and my cherokee. I try to focus on one at a time and have at least one running but it doesn't always work out that way. I'm going to tackle a cam swap in my cherokee to get that one going.

Anyway, when you do look work on it here's a site to bookmark with tons on info:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jjacobs149917/fsj_faq.htm
I have given up on mechanics and do everything myself with a few exceptions (re-gearing axle and machine work). The good thing about yours is you have the AMC motors in 72' so parts and resources online are available.
I like the M715 also but like the 75-91 FSJs better.
Lee

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Thanks Lee, i think i have come across that link the past but i'll make sure i keep it this time. As i dive into this i'll probably be asking you some questions as well. Thanx!

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
FOR THE NEW COMERS

This is for the new comers that have know idea what we are talking about on the paint job,so here is a pic of my Scrambler and paint job-JC:D