• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jeep cj7 83 right hand drive 4x4 5 sp british export - part II

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Got another piece of glass with the 1980 tear down part out. Will install when I get some suction cups

39e3113829cd958e1ae45d697b18859c-1.jpg

cb
Sent from the garage

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Well spotted John, he follows instructions well I guess

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I am pretty sure it can be flipped around to accommodate the RHD hot wheel roads and tracks over there ;)

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Got all the windshield related stuff on... wipers, wiper motor, dash pad is back in, all except the rear view mirror really... and then I have to hook up and test the wiper motor, other than that, I am pretty good.

Last few items remaining.

wiper motor testing
Wiring clean up under dash
RPM's not working on gauge
Temp gauge is sticking on shut off and not going back down.

Other than that, I am pretty good

cb

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
North Dighton
State
MA
CB, I'm sure you know this, but make sure that wiper motor is in the "home" position before you run the wiper switch. I buckled my outer windshield dimples because I had not let the motor return top the home position before I disassembled everything. When I reassembled everything and I flipped the switch the linkages and wiper arms went nuts. Bent the inner linkage and wiper arms. Expensive and time costing mistake on my part.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Thanks... it is not hooked up yet, so I didn't even test it, but it is assembled... it is a good piece of advice.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Just realized I have no idea where I put the mirrors... hmmmm, that is a project for tonight.
Also, the rear view kit attachment should be here in a couple days.... so, it is a good angle to compare the original master plan.
I had to look it up tot see if it had side steps and it does... which is cool as they should be back next week... got the grip tape yesterday.

1111140947.jpg

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Please don't put the mirrors back the way they were in the UK...right you are kidding I hope :crazy:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
No, I can't remember where I put those CJ-10 type export mirrors... I looked and can't find them... these:

20151121_103848-1.jpg

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
That was originally on there, all except the end caps, I had to find them and it took a lot of time and $$$...

cb