• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jeep pick up news?

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
http://gas2.org/2015/11/19/2017-jeep-pickup-confirmed/

JEEP_PICKUP1024x576png-1.jpg

"It’s a great week to be a truck fan, kids! In addition to an all-new Ranger and Bronco SUV coming from Ford, Chrysler has confirmed that an all-new Jeep Wrangler based pickup labeled the “Scrambler” will be on the roads as soon as next year. That’s right: the 2017 Jeep Scrambler Pickup is officially official!

There isn’t much news yet on the 2017 Jeep Scrambler’s specifications. It’s reasonably safe to assume, however, that the Wrangler’s 3.6 liter VVT V6 engine will be standard, and that the Wrangler’s heavy-duty off-road suspension system will also make the leap to the Scrambler. As with all automotive speculations, time will tell.

As I’ve argued many times in these pages, the best way to learn to appreciate nature is to go and get out into it. That’s why off-road capable vehicles like the evergreen Jeeps, the Argo 8×8 amphibious ATV, and- potentially- this new for 2017 Jeep Scrambler have remained so popular among the crunchy granola set and the gear heads alike for more than half a century already.

We’ll post more information on the new Jeep Scrambler pickup as it becomes available. Until then, you’re free to join in on the speculation (and complain that we’re covering non-electric vehicles) in the comments section at the bottom of the page. Enjoy!"

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
City
slatington
State
pa
Fiat should be banned from using the iconic Jeep names of the CJ era. We've all seen their idea of the "Renegade ".

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Wonder if our 8 will go up in value even more now..

Sent from my SM-N910P

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Wonder if our 8 will go up in value even more now..

Sent from my SM-N910P

The biggest problem will be weeding through all the garbage that comes up when doing craigslist searches for "Scrambler" like you have to now with "Cherokee" and "Renegade".

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
The other problem I see is all those new owners are going to come to this site and ask what size tire can fit under there new scrambler repetitively lol.

Sent from my SM-N910P

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
In my JPFreek big Freek hat, I've had it confirmed to me via a reliable industry source that the truck is coming. What it looks like, however...

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Negatory, theys my neighbours, wait, neighbors.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
OK, worked at the marketing agency for their Flow Control Division for years and was lead on the account for many of them. Total blast from the past when I saw that :eek:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
The Detroit News interviewed Marchionne today at NAIAS and he confirmed that there was going to be a Wrangler pickup before the end of 2017.

Also, FWIW, the Jeep CEO, in a separate interview, confirmed that the Grand Cherokee Hellcat was coming as well before the end of 2017.

JPFreek has an album full of photos from the FCA booth at the Detroit Auto Show today: http://www.facebook.com/JPFreekAdventureMagazine

Unfortunately, the big minivan reveal (Chrysler has a new Pacifica minivan :rolleyes: ) apparently took up much of the Jeep area of the booth today. There wasn't much to see other than the 75th Anniversary Editions, which have varying degrees of disgusting green paint.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Please note, before people start complaining like all over social media, that it's clearly a RAM bed they grabbed to throw on there for testing as seen by the enormous wheel wells that don't align with the axle.

Interesting that it's a crew cab, now the question is if they'll also do a standard cab.

Also interesting use of the hub caps to hide the axle bolt count/bearing setup.

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Will diesel be an option? Manual transmission? How about a home run edition :
Diesel Rubicon with a 6 speed and Dana 60s. ; (

Sent from my SM-N910V