• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jeepster Beach

83CJ-8

Trying to catch up
Gold Member
Silver Member
City
Lewes
State
DE
Borrowed from WAYALIFE forum.

MOAB EASTER JEEP SAFARI 2021 Concept Vehicles - What do you Think?

Jeepster Beach
Easter Jeep Safari wouldn’t be complete without paying homage to Jeep off-road vehicles of the past. This year’s “Resto-Mod” is a throwback to the second-generation Jeepster.

Originally designed around the growing interest in leisure time use of 4x4 vehicles, the Jeepster Commando was the first compact four-wheel-drive vehicle with an automatic transmission and, unlike the Jeep CJs of its day, it boasted modern amenities, such as doors, roll-up side glass, a heater and roof, as standard equipment.

The Jeepster Beach concept started as a 1968 Jeepster Commando (C-101) and was seamlessly blended with a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Jeepster Commandos were made for fun in the sun, and this ultimate beach-themed cruiser continues that tradition by embodying a spirited, carefree attitude.

The body was modified and the exterior fuses original chrome trim with an updated, brightly colored two-tone paint scheme of Hazy IPA and Zinc Oxide. While the Jeepster Beach maintains the outward appearance of a vintage Jeepster, it commands peak performance both on- and off-road delivered by the modern-day Jeep Wrangler.

Under the hood, it uses a high-tech 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with a custom, concept calibration that increases the engine output about 25 percent above the production version to 340 horsepower and 369 lb.-ft. of torque. The direct-injection engine uses a twin-scroll, low-inertia turbocharger mounted directly to the cylinder head, along with a dedicated cooling circuit for the turbocharger, intake air and throttle body for exceptional responsiveness, performance and fuel efficiency. An eight-speed automatic transmission mated to a 4:1 transfer case delivers power to 35-inch tires.

Jeepster Beach’s custom interior features low-back bucket seats trimmed in red leather. The rear seat was replaced with a chrome, four-point safety cage and the carpets were removed to make cleaning out sand a breeze.

20210322095539-dd93f2e9.jpg

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Looks cool to me. It's interesting how the coolness diminishes as the concept cars evolve into production.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Love it. Where do I sign up?

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
There are companies (Icon, etc) that make a heck of a lot of money producing high tech versions of vintage vehicles. If I ever win the lottery, I’m going to start a company that produces stuff like this. That was the lofty goal of my short self employment career, but an old guy working alone doesn’t get a whole lot done fast. But like I said, if I ever win the lottery...look out.

Boomer

Iron Bender
City
Snohomish
State
WA
I would like to see the J6 with a little bit of an extended cab for storage/dogs/beer, stuff like that. :woohoo:

I dunno, that sort creep seems to inevitably lead to being bloated and oversized, like just about every pickup and SUV on the market. I personally would just get a Gladiator if I wanted the extra interior space

To me the J6 was so perfectly proportioned as designed and built that I would not mess with the body dimensions at all. Add a 6.4 Hemi under the hood, move the spare tire under the bed or to a bumper mounted carrier and be done with it. If I were to ever come into real money, I would definitely commission having one custom built.

wjtstudios

1985 CJ 8
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rochester
State
Mi
I dunno, that sort creep seems to inevitably lead to being bloated and oversized, like just about every pickup and SUV on the market. I personally would just get a Gladiator if I wanted the extra interior space

To me the J6 was so perfectly proportioned as designed and built that I would not mess with the body dimensions at all. Add a 6.4 Hemi under the hood, move the spare tire under the bed or to a bumper mounted carrier and be done with it. If I were to ever come into real money, I would definitely commission having one custom built.
This is a friend of mines 6 with a hellcat in it. It’s an absolute beast on the trails out west.
4E709D0B-427A-425E-9AAF-B8826A7A33EB.jpeg