• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

JerseyJeeps Road Trippin' Thread

How come none of the Jeeps except the green GE have stock rims?

Karl

You are asking a question that you would need to ask each of the owners...however this is the land of the modified Jeep, many many Hinkle jeeps have custom interior things like levi high back buckets and of course wheels and bumpers, Larry was one of the pioneers of non factory bling to sell more jeeps :wave:
 
You are asking a question that you would need to ask each of the owners...however this is the land of the modified Jeep, many many Hinkle jeeps have custom interior things like levi high back buckets and of course wheels and bumpers, Larry was one of the pioneers of non factory bling to sell more jeeps :wave:

Gotcha. i thought it was a stock show, my bad.

karl
 
The wheels need the stripe also. But if I was able to purchase it I would do that.

No marchals at all in the 70s. These are correct, the cibie. And yes there are no fog tabs on the type 1 brush guards. Not that you couldn't add them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402421031.991256.jpg
 
Is that a one pc rear bumper on the yellow?

Sent from my SPH-L900

Yes, that's the correct and very hard to find oem rear 1 piece steel bumper. Then the very next year they switched to a type 1 with plastic end cap. (Taller end cap than the 8 one) Why the heck they did that ill never know as ya'al know about the curse of those silly end caps. Type 2 then followed and by 1982 all bumpers were same height as scramblers and shared same end cap. Notice though that in picture 2 there is a turn up in the metal to fill in between the body and the bumper.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402421235.888627.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402421437.807487.jpg
 
How long before you by a locomotive and a couple of auto-cars so you can load your collection, travel to Jeep shows and clean every category? Seriously... I'm in awe of your collection.
 
I'm a stay put kinda guy as much as this road tripping thread would say otherwise but I hope to have them all displayed in one place, by the time I am 40 (couple years) Thanks again Jambo...see ya in August!
 
How long before you by a locomotive and a couple of auto-cars so you can load your collection, travel to Jeep shows and clean every category? Seriously... I'm in awe of your collection.

HEY!!!I know where there is a locomotive for sale! :wave:
 
Back
Top