• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

JerseyJeeps Road Trippin' Thread

What on earth is a Doo Rag (second one down if thats what it says), translation for an English man please:confused:
 
It is better that you don't waste your brain cells... but... if you want...


do-rag
[doo-rag] Show IPA
noun Slang.
a kerchief or scarf worn on the head to protect the hairdo, especially after kinky hair has been straightened.


cb
 
What on earth is a Doo Rag (second one down if thats what it says), translation for an English man please:confused:

images.jpg

Wikipedia
do-rag (also known as a doo-rag, du-rag, or durag), is a piece of cloth used to cover the top of one's head. Sometimes made of nylon material and having a "skullcap" fit it may also be referred to as a "wavecap". According to the Oxford English Dictionary and Merriam-Webster dictionary, the term derives from 'do as in hairdo.[1][2]
 
Not hijacking... just saying thanks and the road trip theme fits here... as it was a road trip TO Jersey, not away from it as Eric normally does.

I finally got a few minutes to pull some pictures together and say a thank you to Eric (JerseyJeeps).
I headed out last Friday and went down to NJ and stayed the night after bringing down some parts, trading some parts, having some dinner and talking Jeeps and other misc things.
I also got to go for a ride in this... very cool rig, can't say enough about it... the plan was to distort the picture so bad (a la MM) and make you guess what it is, but the picture is too dark and I have to get to work.

IMG_6253.jpg

Woke up the next morning and left by 630 to head down to Fredericksburg, VA to pick up the RHD Wrangler tub so I can swap it on the RHD CJ7 as the tub is too far gone.

IMG_6255.jpg

Hit the Delaware Mem bridge

IMG_6257.jpg

Got home late on Sunday after picking up the wife and kids and unloaded it all... worked out well.

IMG_6258.jpg
IMG_6265.jpg

Thanks again for the hospitality, good food and beer and seeing all the Jeeps!

cb
 
I wish I could have... I left at 630 am on Saturday morning, went down in hellish traffic, picked it up 2 hours late, then back to Danbury, CT by 1030pm... long long long day of drving and all of you that live in the great city of NY can keep the GW Bridge for all its worth... not a single person cared that I had a trailer on the back of the truck and wouldn't even give me 2 seconds to merge over... missed the exit had to go another way... I used words I haven't used in 20 years.

Had no choice really, the GS Parkway was closed Northbound due to multiople car fires... multiple? Yup, multiple.

So, I had to go over the bridge, never again.

Long day, but a good day.

cb
 
Oh hey look at that someone updated my thread for me which is totally cool cause I was just about to ;)

Yes Craig always good to see you and my camper is your camper anytime :-)
 
Today's road trip out to my 11th in a row PA Jeeps all breeds Jeep Show.

Meeting some board members out here weather looks great a rare low 80s weekend instead of boiling in the sun can't wait. :)

unezunu3-1.jpg
 
It doesn't get much better than that Eric. Well done. :thumbsup: :wave:
 
It doesn't get much better than that Eric. Well done. :thumbsup: :wave:

.
.

X2!

Looking forward to seeing some pics from the weekend!

.
.

Only 3 Eric?

.
.

I'm counting four from the 2 pics:

J10

Scrambler

M715

CJ-5 (in the box trailer)

Good luck Eric - foresee you wining some more awards at this show too, as that's a nice variety you brought along!

.
.
 
Back
Top